foxsat hdr wont give widescreen

thyristor44

Standard Member
Hello
Im having a slight problem with my foxsat hdr. I have recently noticed that it isnt giving out a widescreen picture to my Panasonic viera tx L32e5b, picture is about 40mm of black each side. Its connected hdmi cable. I dont have the same problem with the dreambox 2 on other hdmi port.
Any ideas
Thanks
thyristor44

PS its Raydon modded.

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
On the Foxsat-hdr Check Menu/Settings/Screen Ratio is 16:9.

Check you haven't pushed the wide button on the remote. If so cycle through the options to get the right screen aspect ratio.

thyristor44

Standard Member
I tried that on all settings and the display settings but still there is 40mm black strip either side.
Any more ideas please

kevkbuk

Distinguished Member
Try the Foxsat on the input in use by the Dreambox, that'll tell you if it's a Foxsat or TV setting at fault as the TV settings generally input specific.

thyristor44

Standard Member
No that wasnt it, still short on width.
I did think of going back to standard firmware as a try. Have you ever heard of this causing any width problems.
Or any more ideas.

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
A while ago I vaguely remember a similar problem with a Panny and HDR. It seems to be related to the way WS switching is handled on hdmi. It wasn't related in any way to the custom firmware which doesn't alter the Humax settop application in any way.

Can the OP see what happens if 4:3 is selected on the HDR and vformat is set to 1080i (not original).

thyristor44

Standard Member
A while ago I vaguely remember a similar problem with a Panny and HDR. It seems to be related to the way WS switching is handled on hdmi. It wasn't related in any way to the custom firmware which doesn't alter the Humax settop application in any way.

Can the OP see what happens if 4:3 is selected on the HDR and vformat is set to 1080i (not original).

Can you explain the last sentence for me please.Also what is WS switching.

logiciel

The machine's menu system preumably has a video settings menu and on that you can specify a selection for picture dimensions such as 4:3 and one for screen resolution such as 1080i.
WideScreen.;)

caldirun

Hello
Im having a slight problem with my foxsat hdr. I have recently noticed that it isnt giving out a widescreen picture to my Panasonic viera tx L32e5b, picture is about 40mm of black each side. Its connected hdmi cable. I dont have the same problem with the dreambox 2 on other hdmi port.
Any ideas
Thanks
thyristor44

PS its Raydon modded.
You may have 14:9 screen ratio selected for the Foxsat, on the Panny, it is input specific.
When the Foxsat is the input source use the Panny remote and press the button below the power button marked Aspect to cycle through the Panny ratios, select Auto or 16:9.

thyristor44

Standard Member
You may have 14:9 screen ratio selected for the Foxsat, on the Panny, it is input specific.
When the Foxsat is the input source use the Panny remote and press the button below the power button marked Aspect to cycle through the Panny ratios, select Auto or 16:9.
That did it, back to full screen width. Thank you very much cauldron.
Also thanks to others for their help too.
All the best
thyristor44

caldirun

That did it, back to full screen width. Thank you very much cauldron.
Also thanks to others for their help too.
All the best
thyristor44
Great, I will forgive the username transgression, just click the "Thanks box" at the bottom of any helpful posts, its nice to think you have helped someone, even in just a simple thing such as this.

thyristor44

Standard Member
Great, I will forgive the username transgression, just click the "Thanks box" at the bottom of any helpful posts, its nice to think you have helped someone, even in just a simple thing such as this.
Sorry caldirun, small laptop screen and no reading glasses.

logiciel

Which gives me an excuse to ask - why on earth do they refer to the thing with the flames in as a cauldron?:confused:
You put fires under cauldrons and put potions in them.

grahamlthompson

In memoriam

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom