Foxsat HDR Tuner fault - where can I buy Replacement pcb

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Can you give more info as to why ?

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
There was water ingress down one of the co-ax inputs lnb1 thus damaging the board

Ouch, i suspect the replacement board will cost as much as a new unit.

I can only suggest you ring Humax as it's unlikely they will be available in the open market due to box specific HD encryption.

djcompt

Standard Member
grahamlthompson said:
Ouch, i suspect the replacement board will cost as much as a new unit.

I can only suggest you ring Humax as it's unlikely they will be available in the open market due to box specific HD encryption.

Many thanks, thought that would be the case have their number though not holding out much hope
Seems a shame to condemn box just for the card
Again many thanks

Received new board today ,eventually, princely sum of £51 sorted the problem now heading out to replace dish lnb and cabling hope the weather holds up

Last edited:

shadows

Novice Member
same thig has happened to my freesat box... water down the cable and damaged my tuner unit where can i buy a new tuner please

djcompt

Standard Member
same thig has happened to my freesat box... water down the cable and damaged my tuner unit where can i buy a new tuner please
Contact humax direct quoting daughter board number and they should give you a price make sure you replace feeder as well hope all goes well

shadows

Novice Member
thanks for the reply but what do you mean by feeder cheers..... also having trouble with the board to board connector its a long white one does this come apart or is it solderd cheers

djcompt

Standard Member
thanks for the reply but what do you mean by feeder cheers..... also having trouble with the board to board connector its a long white one does this come apart or is it solderd cheers
You will have to replace your aerial cable as this is probably damaged and probably where the water got in. The tuner connector is soldered onto the board and plugs directly onto the motherboard. Hope this helps

shadows

Novice Member
thanks the cable has already been changed was using an old sky shotgun cable now put two seperate ones up. am having problems disconecting the boards and dont want to force it...is there a certain way they part thanks

REPASSAC

I think he means to make sure that water cannot enter the LNB connection.
Yes it does come apart but how have to remove the main board first.

djcompt

Standard Member
I think he means to make sure that water cannot enter the LNB connection.
Yes it does come apart but how have to remove the main board first.
\cant really remember but it is pretty obvious when you look at the boards basically they just pull apart you may well have to take out the mainboard but it is really very easy humax charged me around £50 money well spent always better having a go

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom