FOXSAT HDR temporary set-up problems

ashpan 008

Standard Member
Hi,
I am grateful if anyone can help me out.

I am helping out at our village for a `royal wedding party' and have been asked if I can get a reasonably large screen of the wedding for people to watch. It is being held at our village hall which has no broadband, no tv aerial, telephone or satellite connection.

I have the projection issue sorted, as I have a projector and screen and this connects fine with my Humax HDR which I unplug from home and take up to the hall with my sound system.

I have bought a cheap satellite dish with an LNB and mounted it on the village hall and run a satellite cable between the Humax and the dish. I have used a signal meter to align the dish. The signal meter lights up and produces a tone, hence I think the cable and the connections are fine. The meter seems to give a reasonable reading and hence I think the dish and the LNB is OK.

However, the Humax doesnt show that it is receiving any signal.

When I go home, plug the Humax back in it just works straight away.

I have a couple more options which I can try. Factory reset and using the satellite dish and LNB from my home, but I am running out of time - one evening only. If anyone can think of any other reason for the problem / possible solution, I would appreciate it.

logiciel

Dish and LNB are OK but what about from there to receiver - cable and plugs?

steeled

It could be that you are pointing at the wrong satellite. Apparently the meters do not distinguish between the various satellites - they just tell you there is a signal.

The website Satellite for caravans. (Satellite TV at home and abroad) contains lots of useful information on setting up a temporary arrangement.

HTH

Dave

caldirun

Hope you have insured your gear for out of home cover!
Try the meter at the Humax end of the cable, if ok try non-freesat mode to see what sat you are aligned on, use lyngsat to discover the sat from the channels listed.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom