Foxsat HDR recording in motorised mode

Benny53

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am new to all this.

I have a Humax Foxsat HDR, and I would like to record on both tuners or record one and watch another (on the same Satellite) when in the motorised non freesat mode. At the moment I can only record with one tuner. :thumbsdow

In Freesat mode I can record on one and watch another or record on two.:smashin:

Both cables/tuners on Freesat mode are showing to be at 100%:clap:

The latest firmware is on the receiver.:)

The dish and motor has been set up by a pro. The motor is working OK and turns to different Satellites without any problems other than the recording.

Can anyone help me solve this please?:lease:
Thank you for looking

mainly Astra 1 (German) and any others that are of intrest to the kids:)

Search the forum, the Foxsat is limited to one tuner when driving a motor in non Freesat mode.

Rumour has it that the next generation of Freesat recorders will add motor support, as things stand the reason its in a hidden menu is that it doesn't really work. Humax took the view that the cost of adding proper motor support wouldn't justify the extra sales.

Sorry - use the motor with a different receiver, it ruins the HDR.

....as things stand the reason its in a hidden menu is that it doesn't really work

The reason motorised is in a hidden menu is if it wasn't they couldn't put Freesat on it.... .. it all works except single tuner only when in motorised..
and it is better regarded because of the very high sensitivity of the tuner & it's used for that round Spain etc.. for 2D reception - if you use another stb you'll almost certainly find the weaker satellites not doing so well or can't be received which is pretty important on most motorised .... without that high sensitive tuner we wouldn't regard it so well.

The reason motorised is in a hidden menu is if it wasn't they couldn't put Freesat on it.... .. it all works except single tuner only when in motorised..
and it is better regarded because of the very high sensitivity of the tuner & it's used for that round Spain etc.. for 2D reception - if you use another stb you'll almost certainly find the weaker satellites not doing so well or can't be received which is pretty important on most motorised .... without that high sensitive tuner we wouldn't regard it so well.

so if in non freesat mode and with the motor off and fixed antenna on would I be able to do what I want? If so would everything reset and a fresh satellite install be required; ? PS STB ?

so if in non freesat mode and with the motor off and fixed antenna on would I be able to do what I want? If so would everything reset and a fresh satellite install be required; ? PS STB ?

AFAIAA.. you can get more recording function with the Foxsat HDr usng a fixed dish & multi LNBs instead - you can't really have both though as swapping between diseqc 1.1 & motorised wipes all the channels each time - they won't work together either.

but if all you want is 28.2e & 19.2e & perhaps a couple more sats you could go down that route - we do mostly motorised installs & I haven't used or installed the Foxsat HDr for multis .. but there is some on here that have .. hopefully they will advise the extent of twin tiner use on multis..

A Foxsat HDr on Diseqc 1.1 with 28.2e / 26e & 7w & one other would be quite nice ..

use the motor with a different receiver
I have to agree with that. Unless that extra sensitive tuner really matters, the Freesat isn't the machine to use for motorised or even fixed satellite systems. It's meant for Freesat, a limited number of UK channels on 28E. Anything else that it does is an extra feature, in effect tacked on to the main menu. There are hoards of machines that are meant for motorised and multi satellite installations.

I have to agree with that. Unless that extra sensitive tuner really matters, ...

You have to have used a system that say you are on a satellite with a very special sports event etc.. that you can't get anywhere else & it's a weak sat & you can just about get the satellite & you already have a really sensitive receiver like the Technomate 5000s or 3000 or 6000 series, or Dreambox clone with the Alps tuner, or Spiderbox - Blade- etc.. that are all very sensitive .. & it's just glitching, just breaking up or even that you can't quite get a lock for whatever reason - dish size, location, there's a tree or street lamp in the way etc.. & you have a Foxsat HD or HDr sat there just for Freesat - so you rig up a loop through from the TM5400 [or whatever stb] to the Foxsat- go into non Freesat mode & the Foxsat locks on the channel 100% & glitch free & nice PQ. & the other stb is there glitching or is blank.

there's not many receivers you can actually do that with - the TM5402HD matches it now - I know it's very close

what's that worth .. quite a lot in ths game -

Many thanks for your input everyone. Cost is a factor and to go for another receiver is out of the question, and i am very please with the Humax Foxsat. I though there maybe a bit of software I could load on the the Foxsat that would do the trick.
Once again many thanks for your input.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom