• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Foxsat HDR Reception Problems

Big Kev

I used to have Sky + for years, but was fed up with paying for so many channels that I didn't watch, plus I couldn't go a couple of years, without reception problems and calling out the Sky engineer.

In October, I decided to get a Foxsat HDR and was extremely happy with it, until a week ago, when the picture started going and now every channel comes up with a No or Bad signal messaged and major distortion. I plugged in my Sky+ box and there is the same problem there.

I'm no expert, have no ladder etc, so would have to fork out for someone to come out and look at the dish and I'm not sure how much that would cost and if I'd have to have it looked at every couple of years, which wouldn't be good enough really.

Would I be better off with another box, getting Freeview through the aerial?

kevkbuk

Distinguished Member
Sounds like your dish was never installed correctly or is faulty. It should not need to be checked every couple of years. An indy installer will charge approx £80 to install a new one. Maybe get one to visit and survey the existing install?

Big Kev

I turned it off for a couple of hours and when I turned it on again, everything is back to normal again, so I'm hoping it was just a blip.

caldirun

I turned it off for a couple of hours and when I turned it on again, everything is back to normal again, so I'm hoping it was just a blip.

Not if the sky box was showing the same problem, are there any trees in the line of sight to the sat, the sprouting leaves could be blocking your signal, wind and rain will affect the signal much more if the dish is slightly mis-aligned.

kevkbuk

Distinguished Member
Not if the sky box was showing the same problem, are there any trees in the line of sight to the sat, the sprouting leaves could be blocking your signal, wind and rain will affect the signal much more if the dish is slightly mis-aligned.

Yep your going to continue to have intermittent problems until you get the dish sorted out. Powering off for a couple of hours is unlikely to have done anything at all.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom