Foxsat HDR Media & File Server Bundle - how do I install greenend sftpserver

Skwarei's

Standard Member
Hi

I'm not sure if this is possible, but I wish to install the greenend sftpserver onto my Foxsat HDR.

I have the very latest Media & File Server Bundle installed, but the sftpserver package is not listed in the available package list. However it appears to be an available package for the Fox-T2.

I have installed the dropbear package and my understanding is that greenend sftp server is a 'plugin' for dropbear.

So my qusetion is - Is it possible to install the Fox-T2 package onto my Foxsat-HDR without going through the Web Package installation function?

I have downloaded the Fox-T2 package, but I am unsure how to proceed.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Partridge

Novice Member
Chris, you won't be able to install the Fox-T2 package direct on the Foxsat HDR as they have different processors.

I haven't used SFTP on the Foxsat HDR, but you will either need a binary which is compiled for the MIPS processor, or find an open source SFTP server and compile yourself using the toolchain which Humax provides, see here for information:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/freesat/1411023-hdr-compiling-your-first-hello-world-program.html

Maybe someone else here already has an SFTP server compiled for the Foxsat HDR.

P.S. final thought, maybe you can find something here which works; Openwrt uses the same processor architecture as the Foxsat HDR as I remember (at least the strace binary works on the HDR):
http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/openwrt/8.09/mips/

Skwarei's

Standard Member
@Partridge

Thanks for the quick reply. I was wondering if the MIPS architecture thing may be the case (I have spent quite a few hours searching forums on this dull national holiday day) . You have confirmed my suspicions. Thanks also for the pointer to the toolchain. Yet another learning curve to climb :eek:

I will also follow up the other link..

raydon

I have something in the pipeline for enabling sftp on the HDR using openSSH sftp-server under dropbear. Be patient. ;)

Skwarei's

Standard Member
@raydon

:smashin: I'll try to be patient :laugh:

In the mean time I'll be following up the toolchain stuff.. This all reminds me of the middle '80s when I was developing code for 6502 microcontrollers using cross-compilers on BBC Model B's... Those were the days :)

BTW Thanks for the time and effort you put into the HDR bundle.

Chris

raydon

An sftp server package is now available for download from the repository. Check out the thread HERE for details.

REPASSAC

@raydon

:smashin: I'll try to be patient :laugh:

In the mean time I'll be following up the toolchain stuff.. This all reminds me of the middle '80s when I was developing code for 6502 microcontrollers using cross-compilers on BBC Model B's... Those were the days :)

BTW Thanks for the time and effort you put into the HDR bundle.
Chris
Ahh the Model B - I remenber writing two service roms for it - Termi and Comminicator - All direct in 6502 assembler.

Top Bottom