Foxsat HDR is just totally unreliable!!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by bignairy, Feb 2, 2009.

Tags:
  1. bignairy

bignairy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have a serious problem with my HDR box. Twice now I have gone to delete a single programme, only to find it deletes all of the programmes on the disk. Although they no longer appear on the media listing, the hard-disk capacity indicator shows they are obviously still there. It seems it is corrupting the file listing so that it doesn’t display the files. No matter what I try, I can’t get them back. When I format the disk, the used file capacity disappears.

I have only been using this box for a couple of weeks now and this is making think it was a big mistake to cancel my Sky subscription!

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a secret menu that has a "rebuild media list" function or similar? :thumbsdow

2. rbrian

rbrian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I haven't experienced anything like this with mine. Have you tried a firmware update?

3. robster52

robster52
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    does it do the same thing if you use the filemanager to sort/delete your recordings?

4. bignairy

bignairy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yes, it has the latest software (7.5 I think).

Don't know about the file manager. Most of the time it deletes files correctly, its just these two times it has done it.

Dodgy software I think. Humax should be ashamed! I have contacted their help desk by email, but if I don't get a satisfactory resolution to this I'm going back to Sky (HD this time).

Not impressed! :(

5. Jonstone

Jonstone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +544
    Or you could just have a faulty box which can happen to any piece of consumer electronics, do not judge Humax until you see how they respond.

For what it is worth I have had my humax hdr since its launch date and not had a single problem with it which is more than I can say for my sky hd box which was awful, as was skys attitude towards my problems, if there is one company who should be ashamed of their hd box it is sky