Hello,

I have a Foxsat-HDR which I purchased from Richer Sounds just over
twelve months ago.

Unfortunately we had a power cut last weekend. When the power was
restored I restarted the box. After showing "Boot" on the display, BBC1
is shown on the screen, however none of the controls, either on the
remote or on the box itself will function. It remains stuck on BBC1. I
have checked that the "PVR" button is selected on the remote, and this
button flashes as expected when any of the other controls are pressed.

I have tried switching it off, leaving it off for some time and then
switching it back on again. I have even tried reinstalling both the
application and loader with the latest versions available from:

Welcome to HUMAX [UK]

Both installed without problems, but when the box rebooted the HDR was
still frozen on BBC1.

Any help with this problem would be gratefully received.

Thank You

Graham

PS I tried emailing technical support at Humax with the same message but just got back an automated reply asking for a copy of my receipt. I doubt if anyone there had actually read the email!

After a power cut you have sometimes have to press the boot button twice. The box appears to boot and then shuts down. After the first shut down try pressing the button a 2nd time.

Thanks Graham,

I've just tried that, but unfortunately it didn't make any difference.

Incidentally does anyone know for certain how long the warranty on the Foxsat_HDR is. Although I mentioned in my email to Humax that it was just over a year old, they sent me back a form for a warranty exchange. It may be that they just didn't read the email.

Graham

Thanks Graham,

I've just tried that, but unfortunately it didn't make any difference.

Incidentally does anyone know for certain how long the warranty on the Foxsat_HDR is. Although I mentioned in my email to Humax that it was just over a year old, they sent me back a form for a warranty exchange. It may be that they just didn't read the email.

Graham

It depends where you bought it from. Many suppliers offered a 2 yr warranty. In any case Richer Sounds will likely replace it without any quibbles (You did say you got it there ?)

Thanks again, Graham. I'll contact Richer Sounds.

Another Graham

Well a man in a van has just delivered a replacement direct from Humax, so hopefully that's the problem sorted

I have to say these units are a disaster I had lockup problems a few months ago I emailed humax but still waiting on a reply.I even phoned them it was a Friday afternoon and was told there was no one available to talk to me but my details were taken and I was told someone will call you on Monday they didn't say which Monday because I'm still waiting on that call!!!

So last night the power goes of when I was watching a program that I had recorded last week. The power didn't come on until the early hours of the morning so when I got up this morning I discovered that my Foxsat-HDR had once again locked up.

How to cure the problem..
This is how I cured the problem the last time (NO THANKS TO HUMAX:thumbsdow) only drawback is you will lose any programs you have saved :(

You need to remove the hdd from the foxsat-HDR and connect it to your pc I used a docking station for hdd's.
Find the hdd on your computer and format the drive.
Remove from dock and install back into foxsat boot and all should be fine, other than you will have lost any recorded programs on it.

I have read stories where people have dumped their foxsat receivers after they locked up but all you need to do is format the hdd and it should work again hopefully it's worth a try.

I purchased this receiver on the back of Humax having a good name is the past for the sat receivers I never had one until this one but can safely say it was my first humax and it will be my last.

I have to say these units are a disaster I had lockup problems a few months ago I emailed humax but still waiting on a reply.I even phoned them it was a Friday afternoon and was told there was no one available to talk to me but my details were taken and I was told someone will call you on Monday they didn't say which Monday because I'm still waiting on that call!!!

So last night the power goes of when I was watching a program that I had recorded last week. The power didn't come on until the early hours of the morning so when I got up this morning I discovered that my Foxsat-HDR had once again locked up.

How to cure the problem..
This is how I cured the problem the last time (NO THANKS TO HUMAX:thumbsdow) only drawback is you will lose any programs you have saved :(

You need to remove the hdd from the foxsat-HDR and connect it to your pc I used a docking station for hdd's.
Find the hdd on your computer and format the drive.
Remove from dock and install back into foxsat boot and all should be fine, other than you will have lost any recorded programs on it.

I have read stories where people have dumped their foxsat receivers after they locked up but all you need to do is format the hdd and it should work again hopefully it's worth a try.

I purchased this receiver on the back of Humax having a good name is the past for the sat receivers I never had one until this one but can safely say it was my first humax and it will be my last.

If you had installed EXT2FS on your PC you should have been able to copy the recordings from the video folder to your PC. You can copy them back after the box re-initalises the HDD. Installing the custom firmware makes this easier as you can simply copy them directly over a home network

Thanks for the info I must look into that before I format the hdd.

I think I'll go for a different receiver a Samsung this time.

Thanks for the info I must look into that before I format the hdd.

I think I'll go for a different receiver a Samsung this time.

You were unlucky. My Foxsat has worked fine since new Nov 2008 and a 1TB drive installed December same year. I wouldn't buy the Samsung freesat box it's still very buggy, lacks manual timers, no recording export capability either.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom