• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Foxsat HDR File Manger

wiggers

Standard Member
I find the File Manager completely useless.

IMG_4213.jpg

I'm trying to copy several editions of Wallander from a folder containing 20-odd episodes to an external USB drive.

1. How do you find out which episode is which?

2. Having copied a few across, how do you know which ones have been copied and which haven't?

3. Having copied a file, the highlighter goes back to \.. - very helpful! It doesn't mark the last file copied!

4. Has anyone come across a more useless file manager?

logiciel

Presumably you're meant to rename them as you record them.
Isn't that possible under Edit and isn't the date shown anywhere?

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
I know where you are coming from but you have missed a trick. You don't have to copy one at a time. Having opened the right folder for the destination go back to the left pane and enter the folder for the files you want to copy. Press yellow and then OK on all the files you want to copy, then green to copy all of them at once.

wiggers

Standard Member
Presumably you're meant to rename them as you record them.
Isn't that possible under Edit and isn't the date shown anywhere?

Maybe, I haven't tried, but you shouldn't need to do that. Why does File Manager strip away every peice of information that might help you differentiate the recordings?

wiggers

Standard Member
I know where you are coming from but you have missed a trick. You don't have to copy one at a time. Having opened the right folder for the destination go back to the left pane and enter the folder for the files you want to copy. Press yellow and then OK on all the files you want to copy, then green to copy all of them at once.

I tried that but it said there wasn't enough space. I have an 80GB drive, but because the Humax doesn't understand NTFS I had to partition it into two 32GB FAT32 and a third, smaller, partition. So the sum of the recordings was too much for one partition. Back to square one.

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
I tried that but it said there wasn't enough space. I have an 80GB drive, but because the Humax doesn't understand NTFS I had to partition it into two 32GB FAT32 and a third, smaller, partition. So the sum of the recordings was too much for one partition. Back to square one.

So just select half of them or use the EXT3 file system

wiggers

Standard Member
Well, the error message I got when I tried selecting all and copying was rather obscure and led me to believe I was doing something wrong. (I forget the actual wording.) So I gave up on the multiple copy and did them individually. It was only when I got the same error message when copying the 15th or 16th file I realised what it meant.

The transcoding software is on Windows, which doesn't understand ext3.

Last edited:

ADAMFOULKES

Hey,
There is a free EXT 3 reader for windows that will loow you to play back the files in Windows Media Player. Just google it! :0):clap:

logiciel

The more I discover about Freesat receivers the more glad I am that I don't have one.

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
The more I discover about Freesat receivers the more glad I am that I don't have one.

I thought you liked a challenge :D. Don't knock it till you try one :D

logiciel

Ok, I know I'm being a bit of a dog in the Manger;) about this one.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom