Foxsat HDR custom firmware issue

mandlebrot

Hi guys,

I've been running my foxsat HDR on custom firmware for a few years now without issue.

Unfortunately now it seems to keep loosing CH4 HD, clubland and other non Freesat channels.

They also don't appear in the channel editor etc.

If I stick my box in non-freesat mode then I can see them and change them to Freesat mode in the editor which is what I did the first time I moved to custom firmware and it all ok but now it stays for maybe a day and then they are gone again.

Can anyone help?

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Seen this reported elsewhere. Last time I checked CH4-HD was still available in Freesat mode.

I will boot the box in a bit and check again.

mandlebrot

Seen this reported elsewhere. Last time I checked CH4-HD was still available in Freesat mode.

I will boot the box in a bit and check again.

CH4 HD moved from Freesat some months ago and at the time I added it back through the channel editor by. Asking it as a Freesat channel and u can do that again but the channel disappears after a day.

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Yep. I just started again and have added CH4-HD from the channel editor and was able to set a manual recording as a test.

I will check tomorrow what happened

Attachments

• CH4-HD manual.jpg
    CH4-HD manual.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 31

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
I wonder if overnight housekeeping is deleting the channel.fcl file that registers the required data.

If it's gone on mine I will add it again and try skipping the housekeeping by setting a power on timer

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Lightbulb moment. I have set a daily recording which should stop overnight housekeeping. Depending on changes may need to do a freesat re-tune after saving schedule.

I will leave this for a few days to see if it stops the deletion.

Attachments

• OvernightHouseKeepStop.jpg
    OvernightHouseKeepStop.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 26

paulburke

Had C4HD as non-freesat since it was taken away by C4.

Been working fine until recently, when it does not wake up for recordings, unless I manually switch it on, then the recording is fine!

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Mine has just woke up (clock showing) so it looks as if first recording is being made.
Had C4HD as non-freesat since it was taken away by C4.

Been working fine until recently, when it does not wake up for recordings, unless I manually switch it on, then the recording is fine!

You can set a wake up timer just before the CH4-HD recording is due or use a reminder.

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Channel 4-HD is still available in freesat mode
Graham, can you remind me how to do that please.

Menu settings time,

Power On - Time

Power On Channel. whatever lcn you have for channel 4-HD

Power off - time

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Thanks Graham.
The C4HD recordings switch off fine, should I still set the off time?

No need if the box goes back into full sby.

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Power on timer at 03:00 on Channel 4 HD lcn and power off at 03:15 so far has stopped the channel disappearing from Freesat mode.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
I have still got C4 HD without any timer set to avoid housekeeping tuning updates causing loss. But there probably haven't been any?

Additional ITV HD regions are reported, elsewhere (DS) to launch next Tuesday 20th October 2020, so I predict a retune/update/loss either overnight Mon/Tues or Tues/Wed for me. (My HD ITV region should change to Anglia West from Anglia East).

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
I await a update with bated breath :)

Good call. Being in the midllands clearly not affected.

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Last night ITV-HD and ITV switched LCN's ITV-HD is now on 103. Because the timer suppresses housekeeping a Freesat tune is required to put it right. Save the schedule first from the custom firmware. I also had to add Channel 4 - HD again to non freesat

As per Rodders53 post.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
This morning ITV Anglia East appeared on 103 automatically and all my non-freesat channels remained, inc C4 HD...
I'd forgotten I've left my old Lowestoft postcode in the -HDR :blush: so no actual housekeeping retune needed :facepalm: to get my 'correct' ITV HD region.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom