• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Foxsat-HD: Latest Firmware

Graym0

Standard Member
Hi all,

Bought a Foxsat-HD receiver (not the recordable HDR version) yesterday as a temporary solution until I get a TV with built in sat receiver.

I had a few questions and would be grateful if someone could help me out:

1) what is the latest version of the firmware?
2) how do I update this?
3) Can I plug some kind or wireless adapter into it, making it a wireless unit? If not, is there a workaround? Ok I managed to get an answer for this- use existing home wiring (powerline adaptors) or plug another router into the Foxsat HD box and connect this to the master router wirelessly

Still can't find the latest firmware version or step by step instructions how to flash the box- I think this is because it's such an old unit so all the links have expired.

Last edited:

raydon

Prominent Member
Latest firmware is 1.00.28 and is available from here.
Copy the hdf file from the zip into the root folder of a FAT formatted USB stick.
Turn on the TV and switch to the Humax input.
Put the Humax into standby using the remote or the button on the front panel.
Plug the USB stick containing the HDF file into the USB port
Start up the Humax using the front panel button and keep the button held in until you see the upgrade starting on the TV screen. You can then release the button.
When it's complete remove the USB stick and restart the box.

Last edited by a moderator:

logiciel

Hi and welcome to the forum.
It'll be better than a FS TV, but you'll soon find the need to record, so a PVR would have been a better choice.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom