foxsat disable OTA

prioryjim

Established Member
Reaction score
Just tried to telnet, didn't work, must have done OTA.
Had to re-install 4.0.7
Now it works

Any way to disable OTA software updates ?

Thanks
JL

Just tried to telnet, didn't work, must have done OTA.
Had to re-install 4.0.7
Now it works

Any way to disable OTA software updates ?

Thanks
JL

Well that will be overwritten by the next housekeeping - you need 4.0.8 - see think link in the first post of this thread, which is kept up to date.

Thanks didn't see 4.0.8 arrive.

I would download it but again have problems.
The link seems to down load some "ilivid" crap and the virus check goes bonkers.
Iv'e had trouble with ilivid before.
Any where else (normal) to get it ?

Thanks
JL

Thanks didn't see 4.0.8 arrive.

I would download it but again have problems.
The link seems to down load some "ilivid" crap and the virus check goes bonkers.
Iv'e had trouble with ilivid before.
Any where else (normal) to get it ?

Thanks
JL

See #37 in the main thread.

I don't have any problem at all with the link - Zippyshare.com - raydon's_Media_and_File_Server_Bundle_for_the_Foxsat_HDR_release_4.0.8.rar
pressing the download button simply downloads the rar.

I rather think that your problem is some malware is at work on your PC.

Yes I suspect malware.
Just tried it and it downloaded OK.
When I opened folder I noticed it had download this morning at 9:47 when I originally tried and got lots of ilived virus warnings.

Will investigate malware but have rar for now.
Thanks
JL

I remember having a similar 'problem' when I went to download the file : the most 'obvious' download button was a link to <ilivid> or some other nasty stuff in the advert section ... I cancelled that .exe download as soon as I read the info in the download bar, very fortunately, too, it appears!!

I needed to look a bit more carefully for the proper file download button!!

I remember having a similar 'problem' when I went to download the file : the most 'obvious' download button was a link to <ilivid> or some other nasty stuff in the advert section ... I cancelled that .exe download as soon as I read the info in the download bar, very fortunately, too, it appears!!

I needed to look a bit more carefully for the proper file download button!!

There is only one download button and it is very large and there are no ads on the page.

Some malware modifies your name server so it is quite possible you were not where you wanted to be.

If what you see on the download link doesn't look like the attached screenshot then your browser is being redirected by malware.

Attachments

• Zippshare.jpg
    Zippshare.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 98
Just went to download myself and I did get adverts on the page and download prompts for iLivid and other stuff, see screenshot attached.

Maybe you get these if you're not registered? (I'm not)

I suppose these free download servers have to earn money somehow....shame that 4shared started requiring registration to download.....

Attachments

• Screenshot-Zippyshare.com - raydon's_Media_and_File_Server_Bundle_for_the_Foxsat_HDR_release_4.0.png
    Screenshot-Zippyshare.com - raydon's_Media_and_File_Server_Bundle_for_the_Foxsat_HDR_release_4.0.png
    244.5 KB · Views: 525
Last edited:
Hmm ...
I go to the same URL in your picture.
I get the download button but also get some big ilivid buttons.
I tried IE , Firefox and Chrome, all the same.
Will try from my Linux server ...
JL

Installed 4.0.8, do I need to do anything to disable OTA updates ?

Installed 4.0.8, do I need to do anything to disable OTA updates ?

I don't think you can but shouldn't be a problem as I don't suppose they'll be any Humax updates for a while and when there are Raydon is really quick to work his magic! :D

OK will just leave OTA as it is.

Tried the download web site on my Ubuntu Linux sever via Firefox. Same Ilivid buttons appear.
This is a brand new Ubuntu install (well about 7 days old) so I wouldn't have though it was a virus.
Maybe I need some settings like popup blocker or whatever !
Thanks
JL

OK will just leave OTA as it is.

Tried the download web site on my Ubuntu Linux sever via Firefox. Same Ilivid buttons appear.
This is a brand new Ubuntu install (well about 7 days old) so I wouldn't have though it was a virus.
Maybe I need some settings like popup blocker or whatever !
Thanks
JL

THe site is very clean - Check out the DNS you are using - it may have been modified. Check ALL bowser add-ons - the number one cause of such problems. Does firefox have an option to run with all add-ons disabled if so try the download again and see what happens.

THe site is very clean - Check out the DNS you are using - it may have been modified. Check ALL bowser add-ons - the number one cause of such problems. Does firefox have an option to run with all add-ons disabled if so try the download again and see what happens.
Hi Repassac, did you see my post above? The download button for the CFW is fine and downloads the rar without problems. But the zippyshare page also displays inline advertising (haven't checked via whom), which (at least for me earlier) included large green inline clickable images for iLivid and one other thing, see screenshot above.

Not easy to avoid this if it is done deliberately via adverts like this to look like the intended download button, unless ad blockers are active in the browser, correct? Certainly doesn't need malware on the PC for the browser to display these download ads. Or am I missing something?

Hi Repassac, did you see my post above? The download button for the CFW is fine and downloads the rar without problems. But the zippyshare page also displays inline advertising (haven't checked via whom), which (at least for me earlier) included large green inline clickable images for iLivid and one other thing, see screenshot above.

Not easy to avoid this if it is done deliberately via adverts like this to look like the intended download button, unless ad blockers are active in the browser, correct? Certainly doesn't need malware on the PC for the browser to display these download ads. Or am I missing something?
oi Partridge - hope you emjoyed your trip - bet the fod was great.
Missed your post.
I did not see any adds (Using IE9 - but I do have the SmartScreen filter turned on - which I had forgotton about.

There is only one download button and it is very large and there are no ads on the page.
I'm pretty careful and not entirely non-savvy IT-wise ;)

The screenshot posted by Partridge is similar to what I got first time and just now I checked again... there's 3 square ads spread across the width of the screen which change every 30-60s between the 'download file' section and 'user registration' news item text. One set was 'button-less' so not at all confusing ;)

The ads may disappear when you're registered via a set cookie... only I've just registered and still get them when signed in. :mad: I use google's DNS set in my router, and Chrome. Installing an Ad Blocker extension has (naturally) removed the unwanted adverts and the page looked just like raydon's screenshot.

Hopefully, now we know, a small text 'warning' in the download post is all that's needed to point everyone to the correct button to click! (or install an ad blocker?)

Now to either uninstall the blocker or set it up to allow ads on sites I want to support via ads (AVForums?) :thumbsup:

Now to either uninstall the blocker or set it up to allow ads on sites I want to support via ads (AVForums?) :thumbsup:

The SmartScreen filter in IE9 (Needs to be turned on) seems to be rather Smart - I see all normal adds but not those pesky links (perhaps it checks with a database as it has a report unsafe site link)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom