Question Foxeer Legend 2. Help! New here too so Hello!!

LlLawler

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi there

Thanks for reading my post.

I hope this is ok.
I
Recently purchased a working second hand Foxeer Legend 2. It switched on fine however The wifi password was unable to be reset and the previous user didnt have the password. A firmware flash was done with update and now the unit doesn't even switch on.

I have contacted Foxeer by email and via facebook but under the current conditions I am unsure I will receive assistance, plus the unit is second hand and out of warranty so I'm not even sure they will be interested.

I am pretty gutted as you can imagine. I am therefore reaching out to fellow FPV pilots who may have had experience with this. I would be grateful for your help and I hope to hear from you.

Additionally, hello to you all as this is my first post. Please stay safe and i hope you are all well.

Thank you

Lia

Wasn't sure what your Legend was at first , I thought it was a drone . It is of course an action cam. Hope you havn't bricked it with the update . I had a SJ4000 cam years ago and flashed new firmware onto it and it never worked again .Never found out whether the cam was fake or the firmware was fake or a combination of both . I see there is a very basic starter guide on Hobbyking , no details on updating , just mentions the led colours and the wi-fi password being 12345678. There is a few YouTube video's about the Legend and a mention on facebook regarding a XA-01-20161220 update.

Wasn't sure what your Legend was at first , I thought it was a drone . It is of course an action cam. Hope you havn't bricked it with the update . I had a SJ4000 cam years ago and flashed new firmware onto it and it never worked again .Never found out whether the cam was fake or the firmware was fake or a combination of both . I see there is a very basic starter guide on Hobbyking , no details on updating , just mentions the led colours and the wi-fi password being 12345678. There is a few YouTube video's about the Legend and a mention on facebook regarding a XA-01-20161220 update.
Thanks :) yea it's an fpv cam. Looks like it is bricked. It wasnt ideal to flash the firmware in the first place but the previous user had essentially locked it anyway with not knowing the wifi password. I have had a response from foxeer and they cannot suggest anything immediately as they believe the firmware to be the latest...I have a last solution which would be to use a chip reader and locate the chip that has the firmware on it...bit scary stuff...but seeing as it's a pile of poop now anyway I have nothing to lose. I have contacted foxeer to see if they can help identify the chip but I dont hold out much. At the very least they may offer me a discount on future purchase...not what I want really...but thanks for replying...I was hoping there may have been another solution but it's not even good for a paperweight right now. Second hand risk I guess...marked it down to a bad buy... one day I'll have a decent cam to fly with... :)

Thanks :) yea it's an fpv cam. Looks like it is bricked. It wasnt ideal to flash the firmware in the first place but the previous user had essentially locked it anyway with not knowing the wifi password. I have had a response from foxeer and they cannot suggest anything immediately as they believe the firmware to be the latest...I have a last solution which would be to use a chip reader and locate the chip that has the firmware on it...bit scary stuff...but seeing as it's a pile of poop now anyway I have nothing to lose. I have contacted foxeer to see if they can help identify the chip but I dont hold out much. At the very least they may offer me a discount on future purchase...not what I want really...but thanks for replying...I was hoping there may have been another solution but it's not even good for a paperweight right now. Second hand risk I guess...marked it down to a bad buy... one day I'll have a decent cam to fly with... :)

I would recommend taking it to the barn and give it a beating and then hide it in the brambles :)

So no joy then.

btw the Barn at newlands lane is due to be knocked down soon from what I`ve heard.
I'm still licking my wounds. Ha ha. I'm not that bitter tbh...just a bit cheesed off...stuff not working when it should innit. I've rolled my eyes so much at stupid broken stuff over the years I'm surprised they are still in my head...ha!
I will attempt the chip investigation thing just because I like stuff like that anyway and if it works then that's a yay moment and boy I think we all need some yay moments....you never know...it cant really get more fubar that it already is....Good to know about newlands lane barn though...I'll be careful what I bury there...
I'm a new pilot too...but wont let this stop me...at least I didnt destroy it against a wall or something...foxeer other than not being able to resolve the problem were pretty quick at responding so I cant really fault that...especially under these current conditions...thanks guys really appreciate the moral support at the very least. :) and i will continue to manifest a successful camera for my vids :)

I'm not sure if you could try to re-flash the cam again. I now cannot remember for sure how I flashed mine as it was years ago. But some things require you to put the firmware file onto the microSD card [ I think that's how I did mine] ,put into the cam and switch on. I have downgraded firmware files before , put a previous firmware version if there was problems . This was mainly done with one of my Drones. See if you can find a previous firmware file to try.

Just found a bit more info:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Legend 2 latest firmware. XA-01 20161024 and XA-01 20161027.

The XA-01 20161024 version will drop frame at low light condition to improve the image brightness.

The XA-01 20161027 verison will keep the framerate smooth.

Update Method: put firmware file LEGEND2.bin into root directory of MicroSD card,
power on,camera will update automatically.All LED indicater will flicker for about 30s
when updating,will stop flickering when update ends.
Please delete the firmware file after finish updating to aviod repeat update.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This now seems an old camera ,some of the info I've found dates to 2016. I've seen some of the footage and it seems similar to my old Runcam. I never liked the rounded horizon , I think it spoils the video. This was the main reason I looked for a new camera and found the Firefly6 . This is now an old cam too , theres lots of newer versions but mine is excellent. 90* lens ,distortion free & gyro stabilization & wi-fi.

Thank you. That's how I flashed it the first time and then it died. And now only the charge led comes on nothing else. It not even responding to a second attempt. To be fair the cam was all I could afford...but I've seen the runcam 5 which is what I really wanted but I will note your comments. I'm still trying to schmooze up foxeer in the hope they may take heart to my cause. All my equipment has always been second hand, bits pieced together finally got one flying and in the air. I thought a new cam would be a worthy treat... grateful for the reposnse though...its a brilliant hobby with a great community. :)

Nothing wrong with second hand parts , as long as they work . It's part of the fun too , putting the various bits together ,a good learning curve. Before buying another camera , view the reviews on youtube first. I see some of the newer camera's out have 170* lenses ,these must show the distorted view of the horizon ,something I dont like to see . As I wrote ,mine has a 70* lens and the video quality is excellent. I have bought loads of camera's mainly FPV cams but 2 or 3 action cams from AliExpress . Prices are good, shipping quick too.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom