• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Foxconn NT330i replacement fan?

jmontgomery

Standard Member
Hi gents.

I have searched high and low and cannot find an answer for this. There was a nice thread on the Foxconn 330i but I was not allowed to post in it. The fan in my 330i is making a very loud buzzing noise. I want to simply replace it. The problem is I cannot find anywhere to do so. Foxconn is no help, the manufacturer has no information on their site.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I see some crazy mods. I am just looking for something simple. I really like this box but this has left it useless! It sucks - I have only had the box for about a year and a half!

the specs:
size: 68x60x10 mm
Motor : Brushless DC motor
Frame : Aluminum Alloy
Impeller : UL94V-0 (PBT)
Cover : Aluminum Alloy
Bearing : FDB
Lead Wire : UL1571 AWG28 or Equivalent
Insulation : Class E integral ground system rated @100°C

Model No. : NFB61A05H
(DC V): 5
(Amp): 0.30
(RPM): 5600
CMM: 0.146
CFM: 5.17
mmAq: 18.64
inAq: 0.734
dBA: 40.0

templeofdoom

Novice Member
The fan on my NT330i just started groaning today also, causing it to overheat.

This appears to be a custom part made for Foxconn by creativdezign. The fan is sealed inside a component that contains heat pipes, and has the copper contact points where it seats on top of the CPU and GPU. The heat sink compound was very dry, so you'll want to replace that of course!

I was able to make contact with the USA service center for Foxconn, and they agreed to sell me a replacement for $15 plus shipping.

call them at 714-626-6900.

jmontgomery

Standard Member
Thanks a bunch man!!! What department did you go to? I tried the generic "agent" and she said it is not possible. Tried the RMA but noone picked up.

templeofdoom

Novice Member
I think I selected the option for warranty. Someone picked up right away and once I described the NT330i "nettop" and asked to order a replacement fan, he knew immediately what I was talking about.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom