1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found my PJ it's going to be Epson's TW100 -In 2 weeks!!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dart22, Mar 24, 2002.

1. dart22

dart22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

My story (the very short version):

I sold my 10HT last Nov, got a plus piano hoping to get better blacks than the sony, now don’t get me wrong the piano was amazing I’d say that its overall image quality is better than my 10HT, only it turned out that I couldn’t live with the DLP's eye strain and rainbows so I retuned it -thanks to the professionalism and courtesy of the guy who sold it to me! Any way... I'm left with the conclusion that DLP in its current state is not for me so it's back to LCD... and I guess that for a guy with total light control and a 6' wide screen the TW100 couldn't come in a better time.
    Therefore I’ve decided to take the plunge and go for the TW100
    Our Middle East distributor is promising delivery within 2 weeks from now; if any one is interested I’ll keep you guys posted on how things turns out!

My best,
    Talal

2. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Yes, keep us updated.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This machine does sound very good - is it around the 3k mark?

4. Kane D Williams

Kane D Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Talal

Glad to hear you're taking the plunge, I hope it pays off! What price did you get it for eventually, was it what you thought?

Keep us informed.

Cheers Kane

5. dart22

dart22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone

My apologies to you guys I had a last minute change of heart and I ended up with a Sony 11HT!
    I made that decision because of the following reason's:

1. Our local Sony dealer gave me a good deal on the 11HT -about 3,500 UKP (I got my previous 10HT for 4,500!!!)

2. I didn’t want to take the risk of buing somthing new! although on paper the TW100 looks promising (for an LCD PJ) I’m not sure if it was as polished and reliable (as far as PJ's go!) as the Sony

3. Also the Sony has the widest owner’s base for an LCD PJ which gives me access to all their tricks and tweaks to improve its PQ i.e. SMART II...

Talal