1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found cheap source for Panaflow/Papst fans

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Tim Cooper, Jun 30, 2003.

1. Tim Cooper

Tim Cooper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Hi all,
    I've found a cheap source for Panaflow/Papst fans from here:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dorothy.bradbury/panaflo.htm

Do bear in mind though that these fans have a 2 pin connection only (so no tacho) i've fitted a 80mm Panaflow to my main computer & i have to say that i'm well pleased with it's quietness.
    I also ordered 2 papst 120mm fans, but as yet have not tried them. The cost? I paid £22.98 including post for 4 fans as mentioned (2 of each).
    Barco 808s owners also should take note that they also do 120mm NMB fans model number NMB 4710NL-04W-030, EXACTLY the same model as in the back of my 808s, don't know if it will make a difference fitting new fans, but i was told that as fans age they become noisier, so it could be something to think about later on as my 808s starts off nice-n-quiet but when full temp is reached well you definately know you have a CRT in the room:)
    I have no affiliation with the company just passing on the news;)
    Cheers.
    Tim.
    EDIT: Looks as if they are out of the Papst fans:(

2. Tim Cooper

Tim Cooper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    I've just fitted one of the 120mm Papst fans to my HCPC with a fan mate & the fan is all but inaudible, the only fan i can hear now is the small fan in my Enermax PSU.....excellent, HCPC now running mobo temp of 26c & a cpu temp of 47c a drop of 4c without the papst.
    Config:
    1.4 celeron
    Asus TUSCL2 mobo
    Zalman flower cooler
    Enermax 350w PSU
    LMP case.
    Tim.