FOUND A SOLUTION: Upgrading and downsizing receiver - advice needed

moggi1964

Let me start with the equipment:

Pioneer KRP500M - love it
Yamaha RXV663 - time for a change
Oppo BD103 - love it
BT box - tele stuff
Xbox S - streams Apple TV. Son plays it when he's home from Uni.
Polk Audio 2.1 CSII range - Do a decent job but I have decided to drop the centre speaker and just use phantom centre.

Rationale:

We are moving home and I have decided I need to slim down the size of the TV stand (I currently have a beast of a Salamander) and upgrade a little on the equipment.

What type of people are we:

Tend to go to the cinema to watch movies. Mostly watch Netflix and BBC iPlayer and a bit of Apple TV. Motorsports covers the rest and some rugby league :) Listen a lot to music through the Node2i and the Marantz receiver in the home office.

Here is what I would like to achieve:

I would like a new receiver that is slimmer than my current one (if possible) and has a few HDMI-in ports (3 or 4)

It would be great if it would connect to my Bluesound Node 2i so I can stream our music straight to the front room from wherever the Node is placed.

In time the Pioneer will die so 4K will be in my future within 3-5 years I suspect (might be 8K or 12K by then I guess) so some future proofing would be nice.

I would like to spend less than £1000; the less the better.

So if you can give me some ideas it would be appreciated. If you need to know anything more just ask away.

Thanks

moggi1964

So I continued my research and came across the NAD T758 V3i which is a bit outside the budget but maybe a used one will be an option.

Whilst it isn't slimmer it does have Bluos built in and three HDMI in ports. Modular so future proofing possible.

I'll keep looking.

moggi1964

Decided that the NAD is going to be the best fit. It's on backorder at Sevenoaks but they have offered me a discount so I'm on the list. I almost met my budget :D

John7

This looks like it may be a better fit for you. It supports 8K, more HDMI inputs, all the wireless connectivity, slimline box and cheaper too!

moggi1964

This looks like it may be a better fit for you. It supports 8K, more HDMI inputs, all the wireless connectivity, slimline box and cheaper too!

Hi,

Thankyou; you ticked more of my boxes than I did!! . The profile definitely appeals.

We currently only need the three HDMI ports and I cannot see that need increasing but you make a valid point about the additional ones on the Marantz. 8k too though I would hope that NAD might offer a module that would provide that in time. Who knows eh!

My wife has become so used to our Bluos setup that the NAD offering did sway me as it will be one less thing for her to think about.

I appreciate your input but I think I'll stick with the NAD offering, it'll create better harmony in the home :cool:

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom