Found a laptop, just need some adivce on it! shall i depart my hard earned cash on it

M

mylands

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some help into getting a new laptop. i rarely use it for gaming but do alot of 3d modeling on autocad and 3d studio max. I have done a fair bit of reading on whats good and whats not and got to a point where i am deciding to part with money or not. i have about £1000 to spend and found this(link below)

http://www.shop.bt.com/ProductView....ationKey=11105,23,46160000,46090000&InMerch=1

am i paying a lot of money for the design or is it actually a very good bit of kit?

any advice would be great!

Thank you

Sony laptops are generally overpriced for the spec. If you look for lesser brand laptops you can get more.

Screen resolution is a bit low for the size.

How about a Dell Inspiron 1720 ? It can be configured with a better spec than the Sony but to keep it under £950 you'd have to go with a 160GB HD.

I got a XPS M1710 at the start of July and am very happy with it, and I buy Dell Latitudes at work so I'm happy to recommend Dell.

If you're going for a laptop with Vista make sure you get 1 with a 7200rpm hard drive otherwise you'll be tapping your fingers waiting in frustration for anything to happen.

Utter bull.

If you're going for a laptop with Vista make sure you get 1 with a 7200rpm hard drive otherwise you'll be tapping your fingers waiting in frustration for anything to happen.

I'd probably say go for one at the right spec and get a 22" TFT for your autocad and 3DS work. if you get a separate keyboard and mouse you can close the lid and effectively use it as a desktop.

Doing CAD and 3DS work on a 17" monitor would become rather frustrating rather quickly IMO.

Disable indexing, Defender, Aero, and services that aren't required, UAC and system restore. Helps remove Vista's constant HD accessing.

Have a look at Rock Laptops.

They have great after service and a forum that is unedited so you see other peoples issues with the company.

They also have a 3 year guarantee as standard.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom