1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FOTR EE in cinema

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by davidwatsonok, Dec 10, 2003.

1. davidwatsonok

davidwatsonok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Well, I've just got back from watching FOTR EE at the flix and I must say, even though I've seen it countless times at home, what a joy to watch on the big screen. After a very lacklustre year (decade?) for action movies these films are stunning examples of cinema. The print was superb apart from the colour hue changing at the start of "The Council of Elrond". I can only guess it was a reel splice and the developement was incorrect as it suddenly took on a greenish hue. Fine detail was very good and was replayed in perfect focus. The sound was a little lacking at the bottom end, but that may just be that I'm more used to my home set-up. I'll definately be going to see TTT EE next week prior to the release of ROTK. Added bonus of the day was when I went to pick up my tickets at the automatic dispenser, someone had left their ROTK tickets in the slot, so I get to see that for free LOL. Ooh, and we had the cinema to ourselves for the whole show. Bliss.

I strongly recommend all LOTR fans to take this last chance to enjoy these master works on the big screen. I know many people on here have systems which are better than the cinema, but it's an experience not to be missed IMHO.