Forza Motorsport 6

managed a 51.9xx last night, but it was at 1am and my eyes were heavy :(

on my best lap i was 1 and a half car lengths ahead up the hill to the second corner - you then take that like a boss and get back level/just ahead of me, corner 3 i was slightly quicker through but we are still level, and then going round the last corner you just leave me at the moment.

will try and get back on later tonight for another crack at it.

the first corner is soo tricky and really deceptive. i still haven't worked out the best way to take it yet.

Yeah, thank god it's just a short rewind back to the line! So many times I've clipped the inside curb which just sends you flying across the track :(

It's tailwhip2000 & you should be able to download the tune off either of our entries on the C Class Brands Indy Rival
respectfully, I'll not be adding him one of you beating me is bad enough ;)

maybe its time for a "weekly rivals thread"? to be honest i'm loving brands C's at the moment [even though i can't catch you guys] managed about 195th yesterday. does manual clutch make you faster?

Yeah, thank god it's just a short rewind back to the line! So many times I've clipped the inside curb which just sends you flying across the track :(

strangely though, clipping the inside curb in the wet version of the same track doesn't have nearly as bad an impact.

but yes, really annoying.

do you use normal or sim steering?

i use normal, but people reckon sim steering for hot lapping is faster...

Normal steering for me too. Tbh, I've never tried Sim, might give it a go tonight.

eddkawasaki - Manual clutch was much quicker in previous games, not sure about FM6 as I've never run without it but I would presume so as non of the top times tend to run auto.

I was enjoying doing this Rivals event over the weekend as well, got nowhere near either of your times though!

i think i have the fastest Civic time round the wet circuit as well - or i did have last night i think.

wasn't a particularly good lap, but still a lot of fun.

The big advantage of manual gears is of course that you change gears when you want rather than letting the game decide. That in itself can make a big difference.

As for sim steering I think the general consensus is that it's suited to those with a wheel. I know when I tried it for FM4 it made thing feels a lot more twitchy meaning correcting over steer far far harder

You probably already know, but make sure to switch clutch to A and gears to B/X
cheers just tried it over lunch
result:
turn one crash
turn two crash
turn 3 missed gearchange ran wide
turn 4 ran wide off track @ turn 5 i think the ghost had already finished by now:rotfl:

back to auto clutch and improved my time a little but i'm reaching my limit i find the ghosts quite off putting i wish you could turn them on and off easier. they are a handy tool to see where you are loosing out

Have to admit this game has been taking up the majority of my gaming time (what little Iv had) past few weeks. Overall this is the best racing game Iv played since FM4 which was pretty much perfection back in the day. Iv had no issue with grip on any of the stock cars as of yet. Shame Roughtfish keeps smashing my rivals times. #unfriend

you've obviously not driven the atom yet then :D
Drove an Atom V8 at BH for real few years ago... It can't be as bad as the real thing. Basically my reactions were barely fast enough to keep up with the car even at half throttle

managed a 51.9xx last night, but it was at 1am and my eyes were heavy :(

on my best lap i was 1 and a half car lengths ahead up the hill to the second corner - you then take that like a boss and get back level/just ahead of me, corner 3 i was slightly quicker through but we are still level, and then going round the last corner you just leave me at the moment.

will try and get back on later tonight for another crack at it.

the first corner is soo tricky and really deceptive. i still haven't worked out the best way to take it yet.

I was gonna have a crack at this...but I've gone to rivals, class c, and found the track, can see roughtfish's time but can't select a Honda Civic '97???

What am I doing wrong?

Do many people consistently get the "failed to start multiplayer... Multiplayer is currently unavailable" message when trying to load multip?? Iv been getting it more and more the past week or so. Eventually lets me in... No problem with internet router or NAT here.,Hard reset hadn't cured it either

52.895 is my best so far. 127th in Europe so not too shabby but still well off roughtfish and tailwhip

What's everyone's secret? Do any of you work or have kids? Seems to me the fastest people have kids... Where can I buy me some?

I do like the idea of a different rivals event each week just between us lot.

So this week was c class civic with a specific tune around brands hatch.

Next week someone else can pick. We just all use the same car, class and tune and give it a go.

It's tailwhip2000 & you should be able to download the tune off either of our entries on the C Class Brands Indy Rival

Cheers mate, have added.

Only got chance to get about 45 mins on it but I can deffo see where I can knock a second off my time, just got to get used to the car.

Tune is great

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom