Forza Horizon 5 Review & Comments

It is fantastic. I had commented on another thread that I actually prefer it on my series S than the PC, even though the pc is much more powerful. Playing on a big OLED with surround sound is a treat.
Think I'll have a go on it after work again after reading this.

If only one could get a hold of one of these elusive consoles.. At least game will be on sale once i do manage to get one.. I refuse to pay scalper prices.. Patience is a virtue they say..

Whilst not without it's flaws it's the best game in the series so far, and a real showcase for the Series X.

If only one could get a hold of one of these elusive consoles.. At least game will be on sale once i do manage to get one.. I refuse to pay scalper prices.. Patience is a virtue they say..

The Series S is readily available. Grab an app like Hotstock to get notified when the Series X is available. I got one within a week, without getting the premium version of the app.

It is fantastic. I had commented on another thread that I actually prefer it on my series S than the PC, even though the pc is much more powerful. Playing on a big OLED with surround sound is a treat.
Think I'll have a go on it after work again after reading this.
o_O

You already can, have mine connected to 55" OLED at 4K/HDR/120Hz with my KEF speakers

Wireless XBOX controller and Corsair Lapboard & wireless mouse. 16 core/RTX3080 awesomeness albeit at a much higher price but also performance.

This is only reason I didn't get an XSX as all games coming to PC anyway

20211109_152154.jpg

I dont think the so called next gen consoles live up to the hype. 4k30 fps was already possible on the Xbox One X, so to now offer best quality mode at 4k30fps is a bit underwhelming.. I dont see these new consoles having a super long lifespan, considering that many gamers expect great visuals at 60fps or more

Played this on series x performance mode last night and was disappointed with the amount of pop-in on bushes and foliage etc when off-roading in the desert,apparently pretty similar problem on pc,it happened a bit on FH4 but not so obvious.I’m going to leave the game for now hoping in can be patched to improve these immersion breaking problems.Not so bad on quality mode but 30 instead of 60fps!!

I dont think the so called next gen consoles live up to the hype. 4k30 fps was already possible on the Xbox One X, so to now offer best quality mode at 4k30fps is a bit underwhelming.. I dont see these new consoles having a super long lifespan, considering that many gamers expect great visuals at 60fps or more
The Series X runs a version similar, though slightly better to the one X at 60FPS - the One X runs it at 30 FPS.

Given the Series X is double the power then that's what you'd expect - doubling the framerate.

The 30FPS version is significantly and obviously much nicer looking on the SX compared to the One X.

The graphical difference between One X & Series X is a big step up though. And to be honest, 30fps has never looked or played this good.

The X and S are also a fraction of the price of a capable new GPU.

The graphical difference between One X & Series X is a big step up though. And to be honest, 30fps has never looked or played this good.
Yeah I mean DF calling this a true next generation game on Series X - they don't throw stuff around like that for nothing.

Anyone know if multiplayer is any better than the last version? Was a real pain getting a convoy and trying to join a race in 4, took longer than doing the actual race (on PC)

Ah the numbers are the same so the new consoles are pointless, is that right ?

My LGCX is 4K but then so is a Polaroid TV from Asda so should of saved my money ?

The old car is a 2 litre engine so no need to upgrade to a new one ?

I really don't understand these posts, the new consoles be it PS5, Series X or S are fantastic bits of kit for a small price.

Games look stunning on them be it cross gen, last gen or next gen games. Higher Framerates and Visual Fidelity and steady framerates and Ray Tracing and shiny shiny visuals.

This game at 60 fps is stunning, absolutely stunning.

They might not live up to your hype but for many many gamers they do.

Considering we are only just a year into this Console Cycle the games and features have been fantastic with many more years and games to come.

And anyways I am all for the lifecycles being shorter if needed. With back compat being a big thing now I won't miss out on any games if I upgrade every 4/5 years.

Stock Informer via Telegram app. Got one within a week (while queuing for drinks at the bar!), albeit with an Elite Controller Series 2 which I didn't want, but now, no one is taking it away.

You still have to be VERY quick, but having a message about almost any online store with stock is very useful.

Promised the missus some, er, us time tonight. Forgot this went live today. I don't think the game will be that good, it might have to wait till tomorrow now

o_O

You already can, have mine connected to 55" OLED at 4K/HDR/120Hz with my KEF speakers

Wireless XBOX controller and Corsair Lapboard & wireless mouse. 16 core/RTX3080 awesomeness albeit at a much higher price but also performance.

This is only reason I didn't get an XSX as all games coming to PC anyway

View attachment 1600003

Haha I didn't say I couldn't so I think you've misunderstood me!
My PC is in the bedroom attached to the monitor and the XSS is in the living room attached to a 65 inch OLED.
I'd love to hook my PC up to the OLED but I don't have space in the living room, it's too much hassle moving it and - most importantly - the other half would probably have kittens if I did! 😂

Ah the numbers are the same so the new consoles are pointless, is that right ?

My LGCX is 4K but then so is a Polaroid TV from Asda so should of saved my money ?

The old car is a 2 litre engine so no need to upgrade to a new one ?

I really don't understand these posts, the new consoles be it PS5, Series X or S are fantastic bits of kit for a small price.

Games look stunning on them be it cross gen, last gen or next gen games. Higher Framerates and Visual Fidelity and steady framerates and Ray Tracing and shiny shiny visuals.

This game at 60 fps is stunning, absolutely stunning.

They might not live up to your hype but for many many gamers they do.

Considering we are only just a year into this Console Cycle the games and features have been fantastic with many more years and games to come.

And anyways I am all for the lifecycles being shorter if needed. With back compat being a big thing now I won't miss out on any games if I upgrade every 4/5 years.

Totally agree but the best upgrade is the nvme drive. Just feels so must snappier and more enjoyable to use.
As an example, some of our inbuilt TVs apps can be a bit sluggish or, in the case of apple, has regular sound drop outs. So, because the XSS is so snappy, I just got the media remote for it and we often use that for TV apps as well now. We never did that on the One X.

Edited: to make more sense...

Last edited:
never cared for graphics improvements. Ive been dissapointed with every Forza game that came after FM2 on the 360.

Having just watched an IGN video comparing the two different versions, I think calling the top end performance a 'big step up' is pretty misleading. It's pretty subtle....

Stock Informer via Telegram app. Got one within a week (while queuing for drinks at the bar!), albeit with an Elite Controller Series 2 which I didn't want, but now, no one is taking it away.

You still have to be VERY quick, but having a message about almost any online store with stock is very useful.

Promised the missus some, er, us time tonight. Forgot this went live today. I don't think the game will be that good, it might have to wait till tomorrow now
I'd much rather get a sweat on, swear a lot & strain my thumbs playing Forza...

Haha I didn't say I couldn't so I think you've misunderstood me!
My PC is in the bedroom attached to the monitor and the XSS is in the living room attached to a 65 inch OLED.
I'd love to hook my PC up to the OLED but I don't have space in the living room, it's too much hassle moving it and - most importantly - the other half would probably have kittens if I did! 😂
That's why I have 2 x 55" LG OLED TV's and KEF sound systems 😃 no fighting with wife.

I was at 27" gaming monitor and the looking at over £1K for 30"+ so when LG brought out the 55" with GSync and 4K120Hz over HDMI2.1 I paid the £1,500 instead, then of course I needed another great speaker system 🤔

Playing FH5 on my Series X on my LG C1 is breath taking. What MS have achieved in incredible.

The high level of detail in the environment + real time lighting and reflections on the cars is jaw dropping.

Major leap in graphics over FH4 and Dirt 5.

That's why I have 2 x 55" LG OLED TV's and KEF sound systems 😃 no fighting with wife.

I was at 27" gaming monitor and the looking at over £1K for 30"+ so when LG brought out the 55" with GSync and 4K120Hz over HDMI2.1 I paid the £1,500 instead, then of course I needed another great speaker system 🤔

Jammy git! I have been eyeing up a 48 inch oled for the bedroom. Getting it past the eye of sauron is the issue 😂

Playing it again now and the surround is fantastic. Being able to head which side cars are coming from makes such a difference.

Totally agree but the best upgrade is the nvme drive. Just feels so must snappier and more enjoyable to use.
As an example, some of our inbuilt TVs apps can be a bit sluggish or, in the case of apple, has regular sound drop outs. So, because the XSS is so snappy, I just got the media remote for it and we often use that for TV apps as well now. We never did that on the One X.

Edited: to make more sense...
Yeah the drive in both is very good and certainly a great QOL improvement. Love how my Series S and X is already at the dash even before my TV has auto switched the HDMI.

Quick Resume is also very good for SP games.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom