Forza Horizon 2

Id rather have a remake of project gotham 2.
edinburgh circuits were immense

First one was a lot of fun. Couldn't agree more about PGR 2 though.

Brilliant, totally loved the first one and this will be a day one purchase for me :D

was a bit let down by the first one as I found single player a bit of a grind and on-line roaming pretty basic, no real sense of challenges to complete a la burnout paradise.

Last edited:
Sorry to double post but Forza Horizon 2 has been officially announced for the Xbox One and Xbox 360.

IGN says it is due this fall (I'll take that to mean autumn/Q3 2014), set in southern Europe, will have a weather system and will use the Drivatars.

I think it's surprising it is coming to the 360 as well, makes me wonder if it is using the same engine as in Forza 5 (I'd imagine that is just an upgrade of Forza 4 so it might be) or if by making it cross generation it's being held back in anyway.

Yet another pre-E3 MS announcement. What the hell have they got in store for E3 if they're announcing all this now! They must have some big things up their sleeves :thumbsup:

This is amazing, loved Horizon and have got into Forza 5, can't wait for this.

yes, lets hope they have learned from the Forza 5 disaster (to be fair they corrected it), but this whole micro transactions thing is putting me off these games. Its the way its all heading i guess and there are plenty cars I guess but it just doesnt sit easy on me.
I really enjoy forza 5, but didn't like forza Horizon on the 360.
Was hoping for a Project Gotham announcement but I'd say no chance now

So what is the difference between Forza & Horizons ?
Horizons seems to get a lot of praise for being lots of fun. But I only played Forza 3 & 4 and they bored me really just because I was useless at it.

So what is the difference between Forza & Horizons ?
Horizons seems to get a lot of praise for being lots of fun. But I only played Forza 3 & 4 and they bored me really just because I was useless at it.

Horizons is basically Forza crossed with the open world of something like Burnout Paradise or Test Drive, taking the car models and physics from Forza and dropping it it an open world with AI cars cruising around you could race, events to do etc, and it was all wrapped up in this sun soaked festival vibe which was really appealing with some great music. It was just Forza but with a bucket load of flavour and personality :thumbsup:

With his coming out later this it seems like it's going to end up going head to head with Drive Club on the PS4 and that sort of has a free version with PS+. Anyone think this might cause a lot of comparisons?

Anyway going by what I know of Forza Horizon 2 and Drive Club I'd go for Horizon 2 (even though I've seen no footage of the game) as I really liked Horizon and I wasn't that into Evolution Studios previous MotorStorm games. MotorStorm: Pacific Rift was OK but still had more fun and preferred the driving in Horizon.

Driveclub is track based, FH is open world. No comparison to be made.

The PS+ version of DC is just a demo, nothing more. Looking forward to playing both.

Yep, I LOVED Horizon. I always wanted a Forza game in an open world so this delivered for me, and have been waiting for the sequel since. A big preview on IGN tomorrow, with first in-game screenshots. Ryan McCaffreys tweets already have me excited. Can't wait!!!!

Ooooooofffff! :love:

198038.jpg

IGN's more detailed preview is now up. There is also a video of two editors chatting about it, they mention going off-road.

The article mentions they are not allowed to show the game in motion (the video clips are from other Forza games) :( but it does mention a teaser this Friday and to expect more at E3.

The preview mentions several locations in Southern Europe Tuscany, Côte d'Azur, the Alps and Mediterranean sea. That's a big landmass I would guess unless they are using some sort of cloud based world (areas are streamed in) then it most likely be split up.

I also find this comment about poly counts, resolution and light interesting

“We believe next gen beauty isn’t about poly counts,” says Fulton. “It’s not about texture resolution. Those are last-gen concepts. Next-gen beauty is about light.

“It’s about light and how it plays on every surface in the world. How it reacts to them. How it scatters from them. It’s about the way sunlight glints on the bodywork of a car. It’s about the way the entire world reflects back at you from the surface of a puddle in a cobbled street.

“It’s about really revealing those imperfections that make something feel real. I’m talking about the minute scratches on a brake disc. I’m talking about the flaky paint and rusted metal of an old barn door. That’s what next-gen beauty is.”

Sounds like it will be less than 1080p but will have a crazy good lighting model.

Last edited:
I'm afraid this game lost me at the mention of driving a Lamborghini through a field of crops.

This looks awesome.

I'll have to admit I never played FH1.....what views could you choose? In car? Bonnet?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom