Forza Horizon 2 – Online & Single Player Guide/FAQ

King Tones

Outstanding Member
Solutions
Reaction score
A little Guide To Get You Started in Forza Horizon 2

Championships

Within Single Player you will go to The Festival which is your main Hub for Signing Up to and completing Championships. Championships normally consist of 4 Races and can range from Sprints, Circuits to Off-roading.

To get to the Forza Finale you must complete and Win 15 Championships. There are a Total of 168 Championships which range from Super Car, Classic Car, Extreme Track Toys and Off-roading. All of these are using a Certain Type Of Car which can be any Class, So if its a 4x4 Championship it does not matter if its a A Class or S1 Class Car, Just has to be a 4x4.

Car Meets

If you have already started the game and done some championships when you load the game up you start within a Car Meet which is the Parking Symbols dotted around the map.

This is your starting point from then on within the game. From here you can Exit The Car Meet and go back into Single Player Free roam and carry on your Championship Races, Bucket Lists or crack on with finding certain things on the map or just driving like a loon in your Red Mini.

You can also start an Online Road trip Session, An Online Free Roam Session or a Showdown

From within the Car meet you can also view other cars, purchase these cars, get their designs and also download the tunes they have on the cars.

A car meet is like a online lobby. When you first join one it will just be Drivatars in the meet. If you press right trigger you will see this with D next to them. It then should say bottom right matchmaking and real players will slowly join. Takes a minute or 2. Once people have joined you can setup online sessions. Either, Showdowns, Freeroam or Road Trips and people can join from the car meet. At least one player has to join it for it to work. Easiest way to get online IMO is when you are in SP just press pause and select online free roam or online roadtrip.

Online Road Trips

You can start or Join an Online Road trip from either a Car Meet or from the Single Player by just pressing pause and selecting an Online Road Trip.

Online Road Trips consist of driving to locations which is selected by the Race leader. And then doing a set of 4 races which are voted on by the players in the session. This will normally consist of an Off-road Race, Circuit, Team Race and a Game of King or Infected. These will appear on the Vote Screen. You are also voting for the Type of Class of Car that will be used. If a Class Race/Road Trip is selected then only A Class Cars can be used from within your Garage. These can be any cars that have been tuned up to this certain Class or that are already that Class of Car.

Normally these races are all XP Championships; to win you have to acquire the most XP out of everyone. You also get Credits for when you win a race and come top. XP can be gained from doing skills within a race, chaining together skills as drifting, big air or near misses and clean racing. You also get XP for reaching an event when everyone races to the start of an event. The more XP you get the more you have a chance of coming top in overall standings.

Online Freeroam

Online Free roam consists of driving to locations and doing those races and activities, all races are open and games. You can also do the Cop-Op Bucket Lists. This is different to Road Trips and does not consist of Championships.

Online Races

Online Races consist of various types, Circuits, Street Races, Team Races, King Mode, Infected Mode & Co-Op Bucket Lists.

The Team Races consist of you being either Blue or Red Team and you and you team mates need to come ahead of the other team.

Circuits & Off-road Races consist of you racing to check points, if you miss one you will lose seconds. Try and use your shortcuts wisely.

King Game mode is 2 Players start as King and you get timed for how long you stay as the King. Other players will try and smash into so they become King and you lose King Status. Player with the most amount of King Time wins at the end.

Infect Game Mode is when 1 player starts as the Infect Car/Driver, Their Mission is to infect everyone else and turn their cars/drivers into The Infected. Your mission is to avoid the Infect for as long as possible.

Infection Game Mode Video below

Festival Hub

The Festival Hub will appear on your map in a few places. From here you can sign up for Championships for the Single Player Races, You can also Go to your Garage to view your cars, tune, and upgrade or paint your cars.

You can also visit the Auto Show and purchase new cars. Choose a colour or design and make a purchase with your in game credits.

Tuning

From within your Garage you can Upgrade or Tune your car.

You can choose to Auto Upgrade and choose what Class you want your car; you can manually upgrade your car if you are knowledgeable enough or you can Load an Upgrade. This then takes you to a menu showing other Players Tunes and you can select to download and install them and purchase them, again with in game Credits.

Car Designs

When you purchase a new car or when you view your cars from your Garage you can change the Cars Design. You can make your own design, paint your car, and add decals or same as Upgrades & Tunes you can view other peoples and download them and add them to your car.

Skill Points & Perks

When you start racing or just bombing across a field you will notice a chain of skill points, drifting, driving through a fence, getting air or missing a car will gain you a skill chain. As you get more and more Skill Chains these will add to your Skill Chain Wheel and give you Skill Points once fill the wheel. With these Skill Points you can unlock Perks. Once all of these Perks are unlocked the wheel will not fill up any more but you still gain Credits & XP.

An Example of Skill Chain Below.

XP & Credits

XP and Credits are gained for pretty much everything you do within the game. Complete a race and you gain XP; this ranks you up and goes towards getting Festival Wristbands. Don’t worry about them. You win a race and you get Credits Also. These are in game Credits which can be used to buy Cars, Upgrades and Tune-ups.

Once you go up a XP Level you get a chance of a wheel spin.

Wheel Spins

Wheel spins are triggered when you rank up a Level with XP. When you do these wheel spins you have a chance of winning loads of Credits or a chance of winning a Car which would then be available in your Garage.

Barn Finds

Barn Finds are triggered within the game, you will get someone tell you about them and they will be highlighted on your Map within a grey/white circle. Within that area highlighted on your map will be a Barn with a rundown car. Once you find this barn it will trigger a cut scene and then some lady comes along and offers to restore it to its full glory for you. You can choose to pay for the Restore to be done straight away or wait a few hours for it to be restored for Free. Once a car is restored you will notified and then you can drive to the Horizon Festival Hub and view it via your Garage & Barn Finds. There are 10 in Total and you will get notified of them throughout playing for a certain amount of time.

Bucket Lists

There are 30 Single Player Bucket Lists In Total, When you are playing in Single Player there are 15 Marked on the map and these can be attempted and completed at any time. Once you have done the first 15 Bucket Lists then the next 15 unlock. These can be access via the Pause Menu and selecting Progress & Bucket Lists and selecting the 2nd Tier of Bucket Lists.

Bucket Lists range from beating a time or top speed to off-roading through tree’s at night to get to a destination in a certain time.

These Range from Easy, Medium & Hard.

Bucket Lists can also be completed online in Co-Op mode if you access Online Free roam.

An example of a Bucket List is below.

Fast Travel Boards

On your travels around the map you may start seeing Boards or symbols may start appearing on your Map. These boards can be driven into and smashed. There are Fast Travel Boards which are shown as yellow with a Lightning Bolt Symbol on it. Think there are 50 in total to find and smash. At some point throughout the game, not sure if its time played or the amount of Fast Travel Boards smashed but when you open up your map you have the choice to fast travel to places. This only works in Single Player I believe and will cost you some Credits.

XP Boards

XP Boards are dotted around the map the same as Fast Travel Boards but appear as White with that idiots face on it that keeps calling you mate. These come in values of 1000, 7500 & 15000 XP and will help you rank up. There is a Total of 100 XP Boards to find within the game. These appear on your map as XP Symbols.

An example is below of a difficult XP board.

Clubs

Within the Game you can join a Club and every time you gain XP you also add to your Clubs XP.

To join a club you must complete the Tutorial within the start of the game. This Consists of you winning 3 Championships, 12 races in total. Race against a Plane & a Train. Once you have done this you then drive back to the Festival. From here you should be prompted to join a Club.

You can join the AVF Club by search for AVF FH2.

This will then give you a Clan Tag of AVF and you will appear on Leader boards within the game for races, speed traps and collecting XP Boards. This starts a little bit of Rivalry within the Club.

You can view the Club from the Start Menu.

Joining Fellow AVF’ers Online

If you want to join fellow AVF Members online then make sure you are signed up to the AVF Club and also add some AVF Buddies to your Friends List. Easy way to do this is send a friend request to AVF Xbox One and then from your console you can add everyone who is friends with AVF Xbox One. Once you have AVF Friends you will start to see them as Drivatars and also on Leader boards.

If you want to join AVF Games or Members then if you press pause and a friend is already in a session it should show on the start menu and you can select to join. Sometimes Anna will tell you a Friend is online and would you like to join.

If you would like to setup a party and session and invite AVF members then follow this little guide.

Set up a private free roam session. Open party and send invites out to whoever’s playing it at the time. Once everyone has joined you can select online free roam/road trip and all the AVFers you're with will sync into a full lobby with random’s.

Also below is a Thread for the AVF Gamertag and also a guide on how Parties work.

Parties: how they work and how it will improve | AVForums

Xbox One XBL Gamertag Exchange | AVForums

Rivals

Within Forza Horizon 2 you will race, you will do time trials you will race against, Planes, Trains & Automobiles.

You will also race against your friends online and also fellow Club Members.

With Rivals you always have a chance of beating a Club Member or someone on your Friends List time.

When you complete a certain race or even like racing a Train you will get the option to compete with your nearest Rival and beat their time. You can either say no thanks or Bring It.

You then race against your Rivals Ghost Car and try to beat their time. If you beat them you get credits & Xp and then it is back to them to beat the time you just set. Not only are there numerous things to do within Single Player & Multiplayer but there is also Rivals and this constant Rivalry between friends and club members to get the best time.

You can access Rivals Mode after each Race/Even in Single Player and also from the Pause Menu. You will be notified when a Rival beats your time.

Brovatars AKA Drivatars

There will be a Drivatar for anyone who plays FH2. The game will note their driving style and their Drivatar will replicate this. They are then used to populate the game worlds for other players meaning that when playing offline, the Drivatars you'll come up against in game will all behave differently with the characteristics of their real life player. This helps make the Single player races more realistic, challenging and far more enjoyble. It is the nearest a SP race will ever get to racing online against real people. The feature works well and you can adjust the difficulty of Drivatars in the in game menu from Beginner, Average, Highly skilled and unbeatable.

Also when driving around the map you will see numerous drivatars and it will say above them what standard they are and you will get better rewards if you challenge and beat them accordingly.

Normally the best Drivatars in game are the ones in Red Mini's, Tru Fact Bro's ;)

Technical Jargon Link & Info - Drivatar™ in Forza Motorsport - Microsoft Research

Photo Mode

After a certain point in the game you will have the option to take photographs. You can do this either by using the Pause Menu and selecting Photo Mode or when Horizon Promo's Unlocks you can press & hold Up on the D-Pad.
From within Photo Mode you can take pics of the lovely scenery or your gorgeous Red Mini ( Yes Examples Are Below :D )
You can zoom in, use filters and go up and down to take that perfect shot.

When Horizon Promo's unlock this is a side game of taking pictures of all the different cars within the game. A Perk can be unlocked to show a Camera Symbol above the cars you have not photographed as yet. Once you Photograph a certain amount of cars you will get Credit Bonus's.

To save and share your Photo's you must Save & Share Them. Once this is done these can be viewed from the Forza Website. Just sign in with your Gamertag Login Details and go to Community & Gallery, click on a photo and open it and then right click and save and then add to the photo thread.

Link - Forza Motorsport

getphoto-8-jpg.516590

getphoto-10-jpg.516592

getphoto-jpg.516600

Useful Threads

Forza Horizon 2 | AVForums

Forza Horizon 2 Photo Thread | AVForums

Forza Horison 2 Video Thread | AVForums

Forza Horizon 2 AVF Club | AVForums

Parties: how they work and how it will improve | AVForums

Xbox One XBL Gamertag Exchange | AVForums

Thanks for reading, if I have missed anything or got anything wrong please let me know.
Got something to add then just drop it into a post and I will add it to this thread and first post.

And yes I have used some of my own videos to show of my skills, this was easier than searching YouTube for other videos.

Last edited:
Great effort @King Tones

Couple of things to note, don't you have to win 15 championships to unlock the Finale, rather than just compete in them?

Also most championships aren't restricted by class, only car catagory. You can still upgrade relevant cars to better grades and the opposition are equally suped.... at least im pretty certain that's the case as i've definitley tuned some cars before championships, but stand to be corrected if not....?

Also on the photos, when you see them on the Forza site, you need to open them before saving down, rather than just clicking on them, otherwise you wont get a full sized image saved and when you try to upload to the photo thread they will be small versions.

Oh and are you still earning commision from the in game Mini dealership....???

:thumbsup:

Awesome brodude guide to hooking up with other brodudes in such an awesome game!

Good effort dude!!

Great effort @King Tones

Couple of things to note, don't you have to win 15 championships to unlock the Finale, rather than just compete in them?

Also most championships aren't restricted by class, only car catagory. You can still upgrade relevant cars to better grades and the opposition are equally suped.... at least im pretty certain that's the case as i've definitley tuned some cars before championships, but stand to be corrected if not....?

Also on the photos, when you see them on the Forza site, you need to open them before saving down, rather than just clicking on them, otherwise you wont get a full sized image saved and when you try to upload to the photo thread they will be small versions.

Oh and are you still earning commision from the in game Mini dealership....???

:thumbsup:

Thank's for the feedback fella, I thought I had made those points clear but probably clear for me as I know what I meant but not clear to other people so I will update to clarify.

I did say Complete, meaning Win but will add that.
I did say Class or Car Type but again will clarify.
I thought by saying Click on it and save it would be clear but again I will clarify.

Appreciate the feedback as I am just putting this together from my own knowledge and understanding so may be very wrong.

Anyone able to put something together for Drivatars and I will add it.
I can't access any game sites so can't see how they actually work....

Anyone able to put something together for Drivatars and I will add it.
I can't access any game sites so can't see how they actually work....

Drivatars are fantastic. This is my first experience of them as never had F5, but they really make the SP element fresh with opposition doing random things and showing different techniques and tactics, rather than the on rails rubbish of many driving games.

Can't you just say something along the lines of, if you're driving down the freeway and notice in a nearby field a red mini doing donuts, that will be your drivatar...:D

Seriously though, i cant access game sites at work to get anything official either, but can't you just mention something like: There will be a Drivatar for anyone who plays FH2. The game will note their driving style and their Drivatar will replicate this. They are then used to populate the game worlds for other players meaning that when playing offline, the Drivatars you'll come up against in game will all behave differently with the characteristics of their real life player. This helps make the Single player races more realistic, challenging and far more enjoyble. It is the nearest a SP race will ever get to racing online against real people. The feature works well and you can adjust the difficulty of Drivatars in the in game menu from Beginner, Average, Highly skilled and unbeatable.

Also when driving around the map you will see numerous drivatars and it will say above them what standard they are and you will get better rewards if you challenge and beat them accordingly.

I thought the whole thing was that drivatars are real life players, and when you're up against them you're actually racing against the ghost of that player's lap? I know when I've done some drivatar challenges, the random stuff they do could in no way be scripted.

The thing that's so great about them for me is that while other games stick to on rails AI, drivatars actually behave like real players - because they are real players.

I thought the whole thing was that drivatars are real life players, and when you're up against them you're actually racing against the ghost of that player's lap? I know when I've done some drivatar challenges, the random stuff they do could in no way be scripted.

The thing that's so great about them for me is that while other games stick to on rails AI, drivatars actually behave like real players - because they are real players.

Actually just found this - Drivatar™ in Forza Motorsport - Microsoft Research

The Rivals challenges are ghosts of people's laps. The Drivatars in general gameplay are very clever AI mimicking real players' style, such as clean racer or rammer, tendancy to cut corners or not etc. Imo They are the best innovatoin in racing games.

Brilliant guide thanks

No worries gents. Please let me know if I have missed anything or stuff is not clear.
I will be adding a little guide on setting up MP, Party and joining online buddies.

I've been cracking on with this game since it has been free and I have just gotten to the bit where it asks me to join/create a club.... as the AVF FH2 club was left on Open it has the max (1000) members! Any chance we can get remove someone so that I can join? I wanna get some achievements for being in a club and be able to add to our club XP whilst playing through the game :D

I just joined a random club since AVF was full.

Completed the story now so just working on the last few single player achievements. I am missing the action house though, and downloadable car set ups.

I just joined a random club since AVF was full.

Completed the story now so just working on the last few single player achievements. I am missing the action house though, and downloadable car set ups.

Yup, I did the same thing and yes it's sad to not see the downloadable stuff/leaderboards etc... I don't know if you've heard but the servers are getting shut down with the release of FH4 so crack on with the online stuff while you still can!!!

Only just started this game
If anyone wants to boost and try and get the online achievements done quickly let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom