Forza Motorsport 6

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Forza Motorsport 6 confirmed for Xbox One.

Forza Motorsport 6 is coming, and the Ford GT will be the star | The Verge

image.jpg

boxshot-esrb-forza6-xb1-right-rgb-v1-esrb.jpg

Last edited:
Nice little surprise as I was expecting this to come out this year but was expecting it to be announced at E3.

I wonder what they will will do with the game. I liked driving in Forza 5 but on release there weren't enough tracks on launch for me.

Anyway I hope they keep all current circuits and add some more real tracks, there are a lot of nice tracks used in F1 I would like to see.

Night races (even better would be a more options to use different times of the day) and weather effects would be a massive addition to me. I don't need snow but having different types of rain (and maybe even wind) would be great.

The Forza 5 engine was really nice but I guess with more time and with the newer SDK enhancements it could mean the Forza devs can get a little more out of the console (maybe they could up the textures of the trees or something :D). The game was already running at 1080p with a solid 60fps (I think some reflections in mirrors were 30 but gameplay was 60) so seeing what they do to improve the looks will be interesting.

Drivatars were a cool idea but with some of my friends I found myself getting shunted a lot more than I would have liked (even when I upped the settings), hopefully they can refine that a bit more and maybe they can find more uses for MS' cloud.

That new Ford GT...:love::love::love:

Not to mention the inclusion of the new GT350 and all it's flat plane crank glory. Cannot wait, I think they've learned there lesson now after 5 as Horizon 2 has shown. Absolutely cannot wait.

This is the most definite buy I could imagine. F5 and FH2 have been my most played games.
Must have additions are night time, wind, rain, and would love more city tracks.
No snow thanks

Yep agree with all the above can't wait. As in my other post I hope they keep a few no collision lobbies. I know these aren't for everyone but for me just knowing you can go on any time and enjoy a good race even when the odd plank decides to drive the lap backwards is a big plus for me. Other than that weather would be good. Can I mention the dreaded word in this forum. Project CARS :0 If this does turn into reality in march then Forza 6 will have some healthy competition and this should be a good thing. I've played Grand Turisimo and Forza right through the series and always thought Forza won hands down. Hopefully nothing will change and Forza will come out on top again

Forza 5 was such a monumental let down.

Here are a few things wrong with it. I'll struggle to buy 6 after 5. They need to sort it out.

- No qualifying which means I have to annoying work my way through the pack each race....

- No practise

- No pit stops

- No tyre wear

- No fuel simulation

- No night time

- No Weather

- A tiny selection of tracks

- No Kart racing

- No proper full championships

- Career mode is only 2-4 laps, there is no substance to it, just feels like a grind to unlock cars that is there for paid DLC

- You cannot just race the cars you want, I just want the F1 car, however it's a massive grind or a crap load of money away for just one car

- No way to quit out, change car or do anything until the game has loaded the next track in career mode

- That stupid cutscene every time you finish a race that just wastes time

- No way to skip the annoying Top Gear stuff

- No support for the G27.... like wtf? It just means I have to use a controller, which SUCKS when you turn off assists... this alone RUINS the game. I'm not spending another couple hundred on a wheel just to use for one game on a console that can clearly support it

- The music sucks

- Every time you look around while racing, there is this weird audio glitch sound

- Not a fan of any of the views, I want to be able to custom put a camera where I want on my car, I wanna be up on the roof

- The menu design is just slow and cumbersome

- The Online menu design is crap, there are no player counts, I cannot see where the players are, no way to chat to them out of lobbies, it just feels like the single player game.

- Kinect used as a mic... no disable it!

- The whole friends interface is annoying

- I've come across no full online races, only ever a couple laps

- The Drivatar stuff sucks, they don't drive properly, brake in odd places, crash into you and just feel so scripted, like there is always one guy who runs off way ahead and I end up in second all the time because I've had to navigate traffic thanx to no qualifying

- 2D clouds, not volumetric

- 2D crowds

- Low resolution reflections

- Low res, low fps mirrors

- The glass cracking looks like a cartoon

- Damage is just so limited and feels rather fake, constantly just get the same faults, it doesn't feel dynamic at all

- There is just nothing to do but grind... there is no substance to the game, no reason to want to keep playing, especially without wheel support for one of the most popular wheels, the G27.

Here are a few things wrong with it. I'll struggle to buy 6 after 5. They need to sort it out.

- No qualifying which means I have to annoying work my way through the pack each race....

- No practise

- No pit stops

- No tyre wear

- No fuel simulation

- No night time

- No Weather

- No Kart racing

- Career mode is only 2-4 laps, there is no substance to it, just feels like a grind to unlock cars that is there for paid DLC

- You cannot just race the cars you want, I just want the F1 car, however it's a massive grind or a crap load of money away for just one car

- No way to quit out, change car or do anything until the game has loaded the next track in career mode

- No support for the G27.... like wtf? It just means I have to use a controller, which SUCKS when you turn off assists... this alone RUINS the game. I'm not spending another couple hundred on a wheel just to use for one game on a console that can clearly support it

- The music sucks

- Every time you look around while racing, there is this weird audio glitch sound

- Not a fan of any of the views, I want to be able to custom put a camera where I want on my car, I wanna be up on the roof

- The Online menu design is crap, there are no player counts, I cannot see where the players are, no way to chat to them out of lobbies, it just feels like the single player game.

- The Drivatar stuff sucks, they don't drive properly, brake in odd places, crash into you and just feel so scripted, like there is always one guy who runs off way ahead and I end up in second all the time because I've had to navigate traffic thanx to no qualifying

- 2D crowds

- Damage is just so limited and feels rather fake, constantly just get the same faults, it doesn't feel dynamic at all

- There is just nothing to do but grind... there is no substance to the game, no reason to want to keep playing, especially without wheel support for one of the most popular wheels, the G27.
I liked it.

- No practise

- No pit stops

- No tyre wear

- No fuel simulation

- No night time

- No Weather

- No Kart racing

- The music sucks

- 2D crowds

But tell us what you actually think..... Don't hold back. ;)

I liked it.

So did I, think its my most played Xbox one game. It definitely had tyre wear and fuel simulation (there was even an achievement for running your tank dry). Bit hard to blame Turn 10 for lack of support for G27 wheels - blame Microsoft for that. Some of the points are valid though ....

Wow, the only complaint out of that lot that i would share is the lack of longer races.

Seriously 2d clouds and crowds? who cares

There is tyre wear.

Drivatar generally worked great apart from the odd one that couldnt drive, but seemed to accurately represent the ability of my friends.

Kinect as mic, disable it yourself, its an option.

Plenty of views in my opinion, driving from the roof is a bit of a weird option. Dont think ive ever seen that option in a racing game but each to their own.

I liked the music

Thought the selection of tracks was great, particularly with the ones they added for free ove the last year. Nurbergring anyone?

You can race in any car you want in the free play section. Where it should be. Wouldnt be much of a career mode if you just had access to every car from the off would it?

And i aint too bothered for kart racing, weather, or night time. All would be nice little bonuses but dont care either way

Any how, really looking forward to 6, ill definitely be getting it. I've a feeling they will be launching an official wheel with this.

Most of the comments were posted by someone else that I copied and pasted. I agree with mostly all but not everything. It was a terrible game though. Having played all the forzas to death this one was poor by a long way.

Each to their own though.

By the time they added the Nurburgring I had given up on the game. Adding one track wasn't enough.

They weren't great. No doubt I'll end up with the game regardless.

Hoping for a load more cars and tracks and that will be good.

Yeah, more cars and tracks, and I'll be happy. Maybe the ability to block drivatars that you find causing problems.

Really don't want to see kart racing tho. Kart racing requires a very different kind of track, I would rather they put time into making property tracks for the existing cars. A dedicated karting game by another team might be an idea tho.

Enjoyed Forza 5 but they need to at least add more tracks as 5 got boring and repetitive quickly, hopefully a few different game modes as well!

To be fair, they did add three tracks post launch (think they were free too). It was evident that they did take a few shortcuts to make the console launch date, hopefully Forza 6 will be a step up.

Although trueachievements reckons I played it for 140 hours, so I guess I really did like it....

I'd be quite happy if they replaced/dropped some of the tracks.

I find Laguna Seca, Road America and Sebring really boring to race on and would love see more "real world" tracks like Prague.

I find Laguna Seca, Road America and Sebring really boring to race on and would love see more "real world" tracks like Prague.
Agree with sebring and road america but laguna is one of my favourite tracks.

I think it's over familiarity with Laguna, it's been in Gran Turismo since GT2 so I feel a bit jaded about it.

I feel quite the opposite. I'd quite happily get rid of all the fantasy tracks and have all real circuits.

Bought the digital version of Forza 5 today, and even with a small amount of time on it I'm loving it. First impressions are that it's a really nice game, but with extra time with the hardware I'm looking forward to seeing what Dan and the team can do with Forza 6. The great thing is that the likes of Project Cars will push them really hard to make Forza 6 as good as they can possibly make it. I'm drooling at the prospect...

Forza 5 was a decent launch title IMO and is a great game to play. Technically it was a bit Forza 4.5 I guess, but the devs have had time to get to grips with the One now and the freed up extra power should help a lot. Drive Club shows what can really be done with a circuit racer on the current gen hardware and I expect FM6 to be challenging DC on a technical level. If i'm honest, it would take one hell of a game from either Turn 10 or Polyphony Digital to pull me away from DC as that is now simply the best racer i've played (and i've played most of them from the PC hardcore sims (iRacing, rFactor 1&2, Assetto Corsa etc.), to the full Forza and GT series and most suff in between.

Both of those developers are capable of delivering that game however, which is why the releases of FM6 and GT7 will always be extremely exciting for racing game fans like myself. It's a definite buy for me and I can't wait to get my mits on it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom