Forza 3 reviews

Crovon

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Good stuff, GT5 can kiss my butt, sick of waiting for it...
And the winner is.....

:thumbsup:

FYI the second disc isnt a mandatory install. It just contains a load of cars and tracks. You can still play the game without them. Quite a good solution to the disc space problem.

Forza 69 will be out before GT5 is...:rotfl:

FYI the second disc isnt a mandatory install. It just contains a load of cars and tracks. You can still play the game without them. Quite a good solution to the disc space problem.

Yes but in the review it says that the game requires you to install if you want to use them.

Did we mention that Forza 3 is big? Well, Forza 3 is huge. The game comes with a second disc filled with 100 more cars and 29 new tracks. That's nice. However, it requires a 2GB install.

Im not sure why you wouldnt want to though?

Last edited:
Yes but in the review it says that the game requires you to install if you want to use them.
Yes if you want to use them of course they have to be installed. But it is not mandatory to install them to play the game.

Overall the review has been favorable, 1 min loading time is insane, but should be well worth it for the promised racing.
Thats 4 mins every hr worth of racing, going by the reviewers, 15 mins of racing for 1 min of loading scale.
This could be a hindrance to some, and a non issue with others.
I personally hate loading times, but like I said, if the game delivers, this is a forgivable issue..

Yes if you want to use them of course they have to be installed. But it is not mandatory to install them to play the game.

Ok, but I never said it was :confused:

IGN's review is up:
9.4/10

9.5 Presentation
Slick menus give easy access to the wealth of content - and the voice of Peter Egan is strangely smoothing.
9.5 Graphics
Turning bland autodromes like Silverstone into something palatable is quite a feat - and the more fantastical tracks are an absolute treat.
9.0 Sound
Offensively inoffensive menu music gives way to engine notes that sing but never really roar - although the change in track surface is handled brilliantly.
9.5 Gameplay
Deep enough for the hardcore and simple enough for others, it's nuanced handling system is sublime - and it's racing is a cut above the competition.
10 Lasting Appeal
As long as the servers are alive Forza 3 will keep on giving.

Outstanding OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

I wonder where the Eurogamer review is?
Could they be holding it back if it's not favourable?

I really trust these guys, so am waiting for their verdict.

I suspect that it'll turn up when the embargo is lifted. They obviously didn't score it well enough to be pre-released.

This tactic is becoming more and more common, sadly.

I know people will start flamming me over GTA4, but that got 10's and 9.5's which I don't think it desreved, just sold more games than it should have.
Could be the same thing here..
Maybe I will have to wait for GT5, who knows...

I suspect that it'll turn up when the embargo is lifted. They obviously didn't score it well enough to be pre-released.

This tactic is becoming more and more common, sadly.

Eurogamer gave it a 9/10, so don't think it was an embargo tied to scores situation in this instance. The review was also really positive (as you would expect from a 9/10), they even agreed with the 'definitive racer' tag, which they said they laughed about when it was said at E3, but now realize it was spot on.

I think the only down side was they said it didn't look as good as Shift etc, but went on to note that was due to the 60 fps, and that for a sim framerate is king.

All in all, another good review. Wish it was October 23rd :rotfl:

Quote from OP.

"however, the second disc which the game requires you to install comes in at at a whopping 2gb straight away"

Yes, if you want to use the cars and tracks on disc 2, then the game requires you to install them. I have not said anywhere that you have to install the whole game to play it, please re-read my original post.

What is so hard to understand and why wouldnt you want to use them when the disc comes with the game????

Stop trying to make an argument out of nothing. The second disc with the extra content does have to be installed if you want to use it as stated in the review.

Did we mention that Forza 3 is big? Well, Forza 3 is huge. The game comes with a second disc filled with 100 more cars and 29 new tracks. That's nice. However, it requires a 2GB install. Those without HDs are screwed, those of us with 20GB 360s and Xbox Live connections are kinda short on space. (I had to delete Shadow Complex, dammit!) Turn 10 describes it as giving you a year's worth of DLC for free, which is fair, but the no other 360 game has ever asked for that sort of digital real estate on Day One.

Now can we move on please.

Last edited:
I heard there is a 3rd disc, Rumored so far, that has to be nailed to the Xbox 360, just cause.. :rotfl:

Yes, if you want to use the cars and tracks on disc 2, then the game requires you to install them. I have not said anywhere that you have to install the whole game to play it, please re-read my original post.

What is so hard to understand and why wouldnt you want to use them when the disc comes with the game????

Stop trying to make an argument out of nothing. The second disc with the extra content does have to be installed if you want to use it as stated in the review.

Now can we move on please.
Not trying to start an argument, just trying to point out that to play the game, you dont have to install the second disk, despite what you keep saying.

You seem to forget we are not all mind readers and can only take what you write at face value.

Having said that, if you want to play every track and every car, then you do need to install the second disc, but the game will play fine if you dont.

Now we can move on...

The 4th disc comes with velcro or double sided tape, depends which part of the world you come from...

:rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom