1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum Special PW7

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Artie Fufkin, Oct 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artie Fufkin

Artie Fufkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Those who bought the PW7 forum special a while ago from maw...have you received all you were due? I know there were troubles with delivery early on, but has it all been sorted for you?

I'm just wondering if I've been unlucky with the service 'cos I haven't got all I should have even after many polite requests.

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    kherm, I'm not aware you are lacking anything, AFAIK LFCRules is the only unfulfilled man out there. And he might get done today with luck, a long long sorry story of broken screens and failed power supplies. LMK what's wrong, I will put it right. I'm sorry I can't match your user name to customer list.

3. Artie Fufkin

Artie Fufkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    A week on from our PMs MAW, and I still have not received the email you promised.

Where is my proof of purchase, my extended warranty information and my JS box? You keep apologising but fail to deliver.

I am only asking for what I am entitled to, what is the problem?

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    I should be getting 2 recorded delivery POD's today. Warranty and invoice have been emailed before, I'll do it again this am.

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    You should also note you have not been charged for the JS box.

6. Artie Fufkin

Artie Fufkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Yes, I accept that it has not yet been charged for :thumbsup: , but it was still part of the order and is missing.

The email didn't arrive. I thought maybe you have the wrong addy, but I have received emails from you and Graham before. So I thought it might have been intercepted as spam, but I have searched through my junk box, and it hasn't been put there either. Do you usually email the warranty and stuff, or is it normally posted?

7. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Email. Sent 3 times. I'll post it too. I have 2 PODs today, none in your name though. I've had 5 or 6 items go missing recently, think somebody's on to my address labels. Plain brown wrapper heading your way.

8. Artie Fufkin

Artie Fufkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    I appreciate the quick reply MAW.

9. Artie Fufkin

Artie Fufkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Another 2 weeks have passed, maw and still I have received nothing from you...not even any communication.

It is now over 3 months since the PW7 was delivered and I have no proof of purchase or extended warranty.

My polite requests have come to nothing and your quick promises of action have again and again not been followed-up by any result. I therefore felt that I had no other option but to contact Trading Standards. Before I continue with their course of action, I ask you once again to please deliver to me within 14 days:

1. The proof of purchase of the PW7 and component board.
    2. The extended warranty as advertised in the Forum Special at the time.
    3. The JS Technology Scart>VGA converter @ £90 which was ordered along with the PW7 with your colleague Graham on July 27th.

Thank you.

10. Artie Fufkin

Artie Fufkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Thanks for the PM this morning maw. I really hope you get this sorted out soon.

11. Artie Fufkin

Artie Fufkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Anything coming my way this week maw?

I really cannot understand why there has been such a problem getting these things to me. I run my own business too and when I have a genuine dissatisfied customer [it happens, we all make mistakes], I would make damn sure that I did everything to make things right as soon as possible. And I would keep said person informed as to the way things were progressing. For godness sake, here I am complaining about your service on an open forum and still you haven't sorted it out.

I don't want to go to the bother of contacting Trading Standards again and sending recorded delivery letters threatening court action but, if I have to, I will.

I am not being unreasonable here. As I have said to you before, I only want what you were supposed to [and have an obligation to] provide as part of our contract.

Thank you.

12. Artie Fufkin

Artie Fufkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    ^^^

13. lofty29

lofty29

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Oh dear, not a happy bunny :mad: I am sure things will get sorted out soon.

Lofty :)

14. Artie Fufkin

Artie Fufkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    An update for all of those who have been following this thread [and thanks to those forumers who have PMd and emailed me with support too]:

I received a PM from maw after my last post and I paste it here unaltered for you to view:

I'm very close to giving up on this. I have sent them, I've run out of VGA boxes, I'm £300 down, we have no contract, you have not paid. I'd love to help you, but nothing I do seems to help.What do you suggest? What am I to do, drive the b*** thing to you myself? Put it in your hand and demand a signature in blood?

I will not comment on this reply here - all along I have only stated facts and I'm not going to start getting personal now...although it's tempting.

This morning I contacted directly the supplier maw used and they got back to me by return email and the warranty is being sorted out immediately. I have ordered the SCART>VGA box direct from JS.

Moral of the story? I'll leave you to decide.

15. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    eek talk about putting your laundry out to dry.

This will obviously dent Maw's reputation. but in his defence he's obviously made quite an effort to get the products out to you and everyone else, what i cant understand is why a 100 quid item wasnt sent recorded signed for delivery. And if he says hes 300 quid down surely after the first, maybe even second time but not the 3rd time of sending it to forget to send it either insured/signed for. Thats his fatal mistake i feel.

16. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    I'm not particularly taking sides here but I think whatever the problems it is pretty bad form to make it public like this when the other party is a long standing member here too.

17. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    posting that PM was a bit far, as has been said he's obviously tried his best, and from what i gather the js tech box was thrown in for free wasnt it?

18. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Insurance does not pay out that quickly... The item Kherm oedered was a 'used' VGA adapter. I get them from time to time, we upgrade someone etc. I have emailed Kherm the invoice and warranty details, as I have others. Nothing more to be said, I feel. The whole thing has been a learning experience from me, and has terminated my business relationship with Harvard.

19. Artie Fufkin

Artie Fufkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    OK, I first went public to try and persuade/embarrass him into action after 3 months of emails, telephone calls and PMs, but I continued because I felt the way he was doing business would be of interest to forum members.

I realise that maw is a long and frequent member here himself, but should that in itself stop me posting the ongoing problems I was having? Surely if a supplier is not doing all he can [and there have been other members contact me with stories of woe connected to maw also], then it is the interst of us all to be made aware of it.

chedmaster, I don't believe that he did try his best at all. He allegedly lost 3 boxes in the post??? and was not able to get the warranty to me after nearly 4 months, when I finally did it myself in a single morning. The JS box was never to be a freebie - it was ordered along with the panel and was to be billed seaparately.

20. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If its the Harvard i'm thinking of its understandable.

I too had problems with them, three weeks for a £1600 refund for a panel i never ordered (long story)

No coming to anyone's defence one way or the other as i dont know the facts.

21. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    I repeat, the JS box was a special I offered for a few of the folks who ordered this deal, £90 for a lightly used example. I have none left now, all posted to Kherm. His name is not on my PODs, I accept he has not had them. I am just out of ideas what to do about it, and as we've not taken money from him, I can't quite see what the high horse is about in this case. The warranty info and invoice has been sent, once in post, with a converter, several times by email.

22. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +393
    Ok guys, regretfully I'm going to call it a day on this thread.

This matter has been going on for more than a month and it is now beginning to sound like "dirty linen" in a public forum.

I understand why it may have been posted here to begin with in order to precipitate some form of action.

However, it's been a month and nothing seems to have progressed to the satisfaction of either party. I'm not sure making it any more public is going to add value or help as a matter of recourse for either party.

I would suggest to both of you to sort the matter out outside of the forum from now on. I don't wish for this matter to descend into a non productive slanging match and nor do I think it will add any more value to other forumites from now on.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.