Forum members open day - 2021 - Sony Laser, Lumagen, Trinnov, Arendal +more

mb3195

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quite a few of you would have seen my build thread over the last 3 years.

Over this time I’ve exchanged quite a lot of PMs, but have only actually met a few people, so I think it will be a great opportunity to put some names and faces to peoples usernames and for fellow forum members to actually meet on “neutral ground”.

I’ll be putting on a BBQ and drinks, with the plan of being an all day event where hopefully people can pop in for a few hours anytime between 10am-8pm for some food, drinks and a demo of my room and equipment.

For those of you that haven’t followed my build, please take a look, but in summary, I have a dedicated outbuilding that has been built with as little compromises as I could realistically do.

I can seat 3 people at a time,

My kit list now contains the following:

Sony 760es Laser Projector
Lumagen 4240 Video Processor
Zappiti Pro Cinema Edition
Trinnov Altitude 16
Emotiva Gen3-XPA11
Emotiva Gen3-XPA4
Arendal 9.4.6 Speaker System
Seymour UF AT dual masking screen
Octane Flex Cinema Seats

Im based near Peterborough and have a tentative date in mind of Saturday the 22nd August, obviously this is COVID-19 dependent.

Please respond below if you would be interested in attending, if enough people are and the lockdown rules subside, I will
Firm things up with official invites.

Thanks for reading,

Mark
97F43202-01E3-4280-A720-DD94C1B08023.jpeg

Last edited:
I would love to come if possible. Thinking of doing something similar myself next year in the garden so would like to pick your brain and get some advice.

I would love to come if possible. Thinking of doing something similar myself next year in the garden so would like to pick your brain and get some advice.

I’d gladly help wherever I can.

Mid August might be a little optimistic given the way a lot of people are currently behaving, but would definitely like to come down when it's safe to do so. Might even be able to kidnap the Guru for the day :laugh:

Mid August might be a little optimistic given the way a lot of people are currently behaving, but would definitely like to come down when it's safe to do so. Might even be able to kidnap the Guru for the day :laugh:

Yeah I know it might be, my Mrs and kids are going to her mums this weekend, hence the date. But if it isn’t allowed I can push it back to a later date.

Steve did mention he’d like to come down....

I'll pencil it in to the Calendar :smoke:

Hi @mb3195 I wouldn’t be able to confirm until closer to the time but I’d love to head down all being well, looks like you are only a couple hours away via the A1 so pencil me in :smashin:

I’ll make sure to keep the day free. Not much excuse living 10 minutes away :)

count me in... covid dependant as you mentioned.

Fantastic idea Mark, hope it all comes off, I’ll confirm, if that’s ok, a little nearer the date. As others have said it’s slightly difficult planning ahead at the moment, that is without a crystal ball!

Fantastic idea Mark, hope it all comes off, I’ll confirm, if that’s ok, a little nearer the date. As others have said it’s slightly difficult planning ahead at the moment, that is without a crystal ball!

Of course mate, I’d imagine it will be a pretty fluid situation with lockdown, etc.

Long overdue for me so yes please Mark, would love to!

Would like to head across please :)

To be fair mate, Devon is a proper trek from mine!!

Was going to say @UPTHEOWLS I don’t mind offering a lift to a fellow Owl but Devon may be a bit of a side trek from Yorkshire! Long exiled?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom