• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Forum app

MrMav11

I have a few forums on the go now including of course AVF.

I've seen advertised these forum apps that allow all your forums into one app. Are they any good? I know the actual website forum has to subscribe, iniwvw AVF is going to tapatalk.

On this in the App Store there is a tapatalk 1 and a tapatalk 2 app. Why they are separate (money suppose), which is best one for an iPhone 5?

Rather than having individual apps for each forum as per AVF it might be better with one of these.

Can anyone recommend? Any one use any? Tapatalk 1 & 2 differences etc.

Cheers

richardgregory

Standard Member
Replying to you using the original tapatalk on the iPhone 5 & thoroughly recommend it. Tried the newer version you pay for & despite it looking a lot more flash with better integration of images etc, it was very memory intensive so I've gone back to the original.

MrMav11

richardgregory said:
Replying to you using the original tapatalk on the iPhone 5 & thoroughly recommend it. Tried the newer version you pay for & despite it looking a lot more flash with better integration of images etc, it was very memory intensive so I've gone back to the original.

Ah thanks. Was thinking of getting the v2 as newer, will be supported longer?

However you say tried the newer version you pay for, but I thought you paid for the v1 to? All I can see is the v1 at £1.99 and the v2 at £2.49. Is there a free version, that would do?

**edit** bought v2 as thinking maybe more supported in future? Seems ok, although disappointed a lot of my forums aren't in the Tapatalk app

Last edited:

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
Well I installed Tapatalk again to see if it has impoved... nope, I really can not figure out why anyone would use this app over safari or anther browser, it's absolutely horrendous. It's a masterclass in how to not design a UI, it's a mess; No flow, buggy, hard too read, confusing to navigate and it's almost impossible to tell what is read and unread etc.

Am I the only one who can't understand the obsession with this app and think its absolutly dreadful?

MrMav11

stuart has stated that avf will launch a tapatalk version very soon and it will be free so hang fire

Too late ;)

I bought tapatalk v2 anyway for other forums. Try to kept them altogether. Seems ok so far, although prefer the colour scheme etc on the AVF app to tapatalk 2.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom