Fortnite

oasismark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not even a thread about this as far as i can see.

Saw i video that made it look good,

Then checked it out on the store, there a version costing £119!!

vrNTJEt.jpg

Ill give it a rental as it looks interesting but what are they selling that's in the £120 bundle!!!

Hopes and Dreams lol.

I've watched a few videos, not one that's grabbed me, hopefully a demo or something to change that though.

Hopes and Dreams lol.

I've watched a few videos, not one that's grabbed me, hopefully a demo or something to change that though.

It's supposed to be a free to play game or at least it will be in a years time or so. You can basically pay now to play early. They should have a least let you have a trial for now to see if you wanted to jump in.

Looks ok but I've read quite a few articles that suggested it was too overly convoluted for its own good.

I do like base building games, so as said will try a rental. Feels like game that will drop off the face of the earth.

no advertising, no buzz about it, stupid expensive versions, and few bad articles.

It really appeals to be in this vid, we shall see how it plays.

Last edited:

I like the look of this

I'm enjoying this. A bit like a cross between pvz, Minecraft, left 4 dead with borderlands looting.

It does not explain everything so there is a bit of working stuff out, still am!

Agree really enjoying it. The mechanics of the game are solid. It's kinda like Gears horde mode with elements of Minecraft for the base building/resource gathering, with added llamas. I'm glad I bought it, however later levels will need a squad, as soloing it will get difficult after the first few levels.

Oh and the £120 version has a couple of licences in it so you gift it to friends.

Edit: after playing it last night all I can think about is getting back on it. I haven't felt like this about a game since Xcom 2. There is just so much depth in the game. The skill trees, yes there are multiple, are massive and I am still waiting for some stuff to unlock on the menu. I haven't even touched crafting yet, either.

Last edited:
It does look very in depth. Pretty overwhelming at first but no doubt plenty to see and do if you're willing to put the time in and figure out the systems in place.

Plays nicely and and the action has a good solid feel to it. Definitely getting a bit of a Gears influence vibe from the combat itself which I guess is no surprise. The base (fort) building is good fun and seems well implemented on a controller. You can knock pretty intricate stuff up quite quickly.

Thanks @kalgar for the game, even though we didn't really have a clue what was going on!

There is certainly not much hand holding in the menus, you are left to figure out what everything means and does. It took me a while to figure out how to change characters, for a start.

No problem will be on today I should say when dog falls asleep drugs should do [emoji3]

How are you playing? Not out till Friday?

Early access for pre orders. It started on Friday.

Looks good but the sort of game that needs a lot of time invested, which I wouldn't have.

Got this at the weekend and love it, base building takes a while to get the hang of, loving the fact you have to unlock weapons, collect the parts and build everything, collecting items to build, certainly going to take a few hundred hours to collect , unlock and build everything, normally I'll go on Xbox for an hour max, so far in 3 days I've put in 12 hours.

Few negatives, playing with 3 random people without headsets and you can end up with some shockingly bad bases

Frame rate is poor in places ( has improved )

Loading times are painful ( again beginning to improve )

To start with some of the quests involve your Homebase and if you play with friends, they couldn't help build ( came up they didn't have permission ) mine for material or search for items, the recent update has changed this and when you go to your homebase and start it there's an option to give others permission to build etc.

Well worth £35 and there's no need to make any in game purchases with real money as you earn and unlock stuff pretty quickly

This looks interesting, but roumers all over the web saying its going free to play be the end of the year?

Also rental copies needing a code, so its killed it for me really, i cant drop £35 on a game I may not like.

yes it's definitely free next year and by rental do you mean game sharing? As it works fine game sharing, they had some issues last night and last week that caused issues but that was Microsoft problems not epic

No rental as in disc rentals. I use boomerang rentals and user reporting that even with the disc is still asks for a code to let you play.

That may have been down to the issues they were experiencing last week. Some people were not able to access the game as it was saying they need to purchase it, although they already had, it has been resolved now.

One thing to note with the game is it is in early access and there will be some bugs like this. But the core game feels sound to me.

Just got this , my god it's overwhelming, the skill trees are insane , got two other mates who also have this so looking forward to teaming up with them

Bought this in the sale as had my eye on it for ages.

But it wont run?

Keep crashing at the loading screen, tried it 10+ times last night, rebooted xbox everything.

Im in the dashboard beta, so not sure if its that?

Anyone else had issues?

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/oasismark/video/36399479

I've just bought it and the game loaded up for me. just played a bit of pve.
I'm also in the preview.

Thats strange?

Im in the Beta preview.

I contacted MS and the refunded me pretty much straight away.

The battle royale mode is quite good, my best finish is 13.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom