Fortnite cant buy v bucks

PufferPete

Novice Member
Hi,

I have the main account on PS5 and my Son (10 years old) has a seperate PS5 account in his name. I downloaded Fortnite on my account and I gave my Son authority on his account, as it is a 12 rated game. He was able to play the game withour any issues until he decided he wanted to buy V Bucks. He was not able to buy V bucks but I could on my account. I did some research and thought that if I deleted Fortnite and then downloaded it again on his account he would be able to buy V bucks. So I deleted the game but I have not been able to download it in his name. I presume I can't dowload it in his name because he is under 12? There seems to be little point in me dowloading the game again on my account as he will have the same issue again not being able to purchase V bucks on his account. Is there a solution to this?

lee667

Distinguished Member
Hi,

I have the main account on PS5 and my Son (10 years old) has a seperate PS5 account in his name. I downloaded Fortnite on my account and I gave my Son authority on his account, as it is a 12 rated game. He was able to play the game withour any issues until he decided he wanted to buy V Bucks. He was not able to buy V bucks but I could on my account. I did some research and thought that if I deleted Fortnite and then downloaded it again on his account he would be able to buy V bucks. So I deleted the game but I have not been able to download it in his name. I presume I can't dowload it in his name because he is under 12? There seems to be little point in me dowloading the game again on my account as he will have the same issue again not being able to purchase V bucks on his account. Is there a solution to this?

What date of birth did you put in when setting up his account? If its his actual age I'd try changing it so he's 18.

Talywain

Standard Member
A workaround for the problem could be that you buy the vbucks, select what he wants, and then gift them to him (he needs to be on your friends list). Another option would be to add currency to their account. You can only do this if you are listed as the parent account.

PufferPete

Novice Member
Thanks for the above comments. It doesnt appear to be posible to go back and change his age to make him 18. Also, I prefer for him to have his correct age to stop him downloading 18 games.

Fortnite does not allow me to gift V bucks, It only allows me to gift skins and battle passes. that could be a workaround for him but he really wants the indepence of spending the v bucks as and when he wants on what he wants. The last option that was suggested was to add currency to his account. I cannot find any details on how to do this online. How do I add currency to his account?

danwel

As has already been said, the best way would be to add gift card to his account that is real money and can be used for V Bucks, although i am on Xbox with my son, it is something that has been regularly done. I've also gifted them stuff do.

Be ready for a very slippery and expensive slap of fortnite skins lol, it's all good fun i might add but can be pricey as there are new ones in the item shop every few days

PufferPete

Novice Member
I'm not sure how buying a gift card will help. That will give him money in his playstation acount. The issue is when he is in fortnite, an error message appears everytime he goes into the V-bucks screen. So it doesnt matter how much money he has, he is not able to purchase v bucks.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom