1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forthcoming titles......

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PoochJD, Feb 7, 2001.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Have just seen some of the proposed R2 releases due this year... we hope! Some are already available on R1 or R4, but some aren't, and there are some cracking titles due out, as long as they do actually materialise!)

Lexx: (The original 4 movies, in two sets)
    Se7en: Special Edition
    The Abyss: Special Edition
    The Blues Brothers
    Sopranos - Season 1 Box Set

2001: A Space Odyssey (Special Double DVD Edition)

Assault On Precinct 13
    The Terminator: Special Double DVD Edition
    Dances With Wolves
    The X-Files: Season 2
    Terminator 2: Ultimate Edition
    Ran (Akira Kurosawa)
    Buffy: Season 2 - Part 1
    The Deer-Hunter
    A Few Good Men: Special Collector's Edition

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Special Edition (with more extras than the R3 version!!!!)

Empire Of The Sun
    Hannibal: Special Edition
    The Exorcist: Director's Cut

Tosspot (Yep - due out in October! Should be interesting!)

Hammer Horror DVD #1: Dracula
    Hammer #2: The Curse Of Frankenstein
    Hammer #3: Dracula, Prince Of Darkness
    Hammer #4: The Devil Rides Out

V-The Mini-Series (All 10 hours worth!)

The Godfather Trilogy (Hopefully the US knitted-together version, with extra footage, also known as The Godfather Saga!)

Gone With The Wind
    Natural Born Killers: Special Edition

Pooch

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you know when the planned RD for the godfather is on R1?

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

The Godfather Trilogy is due out at the end of October 2001, or early November 2001.

However, no extras have yet been confirmed, and, more importantly, it hasn't been decided if Paramount will release the three films as individual titles and as a Trilogy boxed-set, or if they will release the superior "The Godfather Saga", which was Ford Coppola's director's version. Essentially, he took all three movies, edited them together into their proper scenic chronological order (so you follow the story properly from beginning to end, with no confusion about a scene being set in the past, or in the future), and added another load of extra footage in as well, to boot!!!! The only problem, is that whilst this version is totally uncensored, both in its violent content, language and nudity, it was (as far as I know) only ever released in a 4:3 version, as it was prepared for a special US TV airing some years back.

Personally, I'd like Paramount to release the three films in their, 25th Anniversary widescreen, with tons of extras, AND the "Godfather Saga" as well, in its 4:3 version, just as a bonus for those fans of Director's Cuts, and variants of films!

What do the rest of you think?!

Pooch

4. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,411
    "V" Great I have almost worn out my video collection, but it runs for much more than 10 hours.

First is "V" The Movie parts 1&2 which runs for 192 Minutes.

Then "V" The Final Battle which is around 270 Minutes

and then you have "V" The Series which ran for 19 Episodes of 45 Minutes each !!!!

Im gonna go see HANIBAL but hope so much it will be better than the book. The novel was the biggest pile of trash ever with the ending being something from a GCSE students bad english assignment. I understand the ending of the film has been changed, I just hope its completly changed rather than just tidied up.

I have TERMINTOR on order and THE ABYSS as for some reason I never got round to getting the R1 version

5. charles

charles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +148
    Pooch,
    Do you know if Dances with Wolves is the extended version(nearly 4 hours?)that was released on Pal laserdisc a few years back?

6. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Duncan & Charles,

Duncan, you are correct. When I said that "V" ran for 10 hours, I meant it as follows:

V The Movie (Parts 1 and 2) run for about 195 minutes, minus ads, and was originally shown in two two-hour blocks.

V: The Mini-Series, runs for about 90 minutes each part, with there being 3 parts.

In the US, this is often referred to as "V", and is shown as ten one-hour episodes. Then there is "V" the series, that runs for 19 episodes, but which many people dislike, simply because it throws a lot of what made it great, straight out of the window! I didn't count the series in my calculations.

Charles,

As for "Dances With Wolves", I have no idea which version will be released. I hope it will be the Extended Director's Cut, that runs for 3hrs 40 minutes approx, but knowing R2 companies, they'll probably only release the bog-standard 3-hour version.

Pooch