1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forthcoming Fox titles in DTS ....

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by wwwebber, Sep 17, 2000.

1. wwwebber

wwwebber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I've read a couple times now on various forums concerning Fox's intention to re-release some of it's catalogue in DTS. Among examples given were Predator & The Last of the Mohicans (including a new anomorphic transfer). These two titles are surely mine if this is true. Can anyone back this up ? and if so can you point me in the right direction for more info ?.

2. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Is Pradator out on DVD?
    Titanic would be great re-released in DTS anamorphic.

3. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ahhhhh...Predator. One of my favourite 'Arnie' films. Been out on DVD for ages now. DD 5.1

---------------------------------------------
    www.baldyplex.com

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't believe that Fox are not putting a DTS track on their X-men DVD, I was hoping the rumours were true. I hope they don't issue a re-release in DTS once I've bought the DD edition.

5. Rachael Bitchlist

Rachael Bitchlist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    DTSFAN, the SWPM LD showed me that DTS is not so overwhelming better. I had believed so too. Fox is showing no intrest in DTS and I'd expect this trend to continue. It's well-known that Fox is in the DD camp. I own about 15 DTS LDs and around 20 of the DVDs. The more I listen to them, the more I believe DD can be as good. SWPM and THE MATRIX are so good in DD, these are the best two soundtracks I've heard. I must admit that I've only heard the MATRIX on DVD. I sort'a feel like you do though, hey I bought a new pre to get DTS, I want to use it. Watch out for the low bit rate, hybrid DD/DTS DVDs. You get two mediocre low bit soundtracks, instead of one good digital track! It's Bad Idea Jeans again! Sorry for rambling a bit, best wishes on getting some DTS, I think you'll see for yourself after you hear more titles. I think DTS sounds better on LD, I think DD does for that matter too. Well best wishes, really....

------------------

Rachael, the big disc cat!