Fortec Star Passion+ - how to delete from favourites?

jgrg

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to help a friend who has one of these receivers. I have worked out how to add channels, move and delete them from the main "All channels" list, and add channels to favourites, but I can't see any way to remove channels that I don't want from a favourites list. Anyone know how? In the channel editing menu it has an "All channels" banner at the top, which suggests that I might be able to change that to a favourites list, but I can't.

I don't remember without looking but surely there's an option at the page where you add them to delete them too?:confused:

Can't stand the bloody Passions any more, totally unreliable with umpteen HD channels these days, this and the 24 month PSU failures make it not even worth a punt second hand.

I've never liked it, and it does sometimes crash when it sees an HD channel - is that what you mean?

I don't remember without looking but surely there's an option at the page where you add them to delete them too?:confused:

No. You select channels, press the white "Fav" button to add to favourites, then get to choose which favourites group to add them to.

The delete function (red button) in the channel edit menu deletes the channel from the receiver (including any favourites lists it is in). If you want it back, you have to re-scan the satellite or transponder.

(And no, I'd never buy one myself, but it came free with my friend's rented house.)

OK - the options are shown at the bottom of each favorites page - one to select the channel, one to delete it.
Haven't you got those?

Last edited:
Which favourites pages? The ones you bring up by pressing the "Fav" button when watching a channel? What colour is the delete option?

Yes, the Favourites button brings them up, but oddly there's another option that doesn't bring all the options!
On the complete list they are labelled at the bottom - including one for select, another for delete.

Last edited:
So what I was doing wrong was either going via the "Menu" button or the "OK" button. When I press the "Fav." button first, it is all there. Thanks!

That's OK - it IS confusing - it got me at first, as I hadn't done any deleting.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom