Fortec Star 4400 USB Recording

oldec

Standard Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help?

I have a new Fortec Star 4400 connected to a USB drive that works perfectly, apart from on some channels, the pause and record functions do not work. They "look" like they are working, but nothing is actually written to the drive.

As I say, this is only on some channels, other channels work perfectly fine. Example channels (FTA) are TV Polonia and other Polish channels. In fact, they were working up until recently, but have recently stopped working.

Could the broadcaster send something with the signal that prevents them being recorded or has made changes to the signal that makes them incompatible with my receiver?

thanks in advance for any help.

Mark.

Hi Mark, and welcome to AVF.
There's no reason why some channels would record and others not.

sounds like it's got bugs - not unknown with Fortec Star

Don't I know it.:D

I wonder if they are tested properly for Europe as this reminds me of issues with older FS stbs with certain channels that you'd scan & it would crash..... usually after settting up 90% of an arc .... & you had to re-do it all..

Mine often crashes on HD channels.

Well, I tried different USB drives, different types and sizes, and all show the same symptoms. They all seems to work, I can read the data on them fine, play mp3s from them etc. However, still some channels refuse to record.

I was about to give up hope but I though I would try and format from the receiver, this then failed with a message "format fail!", nothing else. Does this give a clue to anyone as to what the problem might be, or is it likely to be just a "feature" of my receiver?

I thought I would post some final extra information, in the hope that this rings a few bells with someone....

The channels that won't record are all on the same frequency, so, could it be that the receiver cannot record because of this? It happily records all the channels that have a frequency to themselves. Could it be that the receiver cannot split out the individual channel to record from the shared frequency ?

Clutching at straws I think, but I have had no response from Fortec Star at all. I might have to cut my losses and get a new receiver.

thanks,

Mark.

There are no losses to cut.
You have a new machine, it doesn't work properly, therefore the supplier must replace or refund it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom