Fortec Passion+ dead?

Harrym1byt

Established Member
Reaction score
Well not quite dead, turn it on at the front panel and the blue back light around chrome button always comes on. Dim glow in display. With a usb HD connected, sometimes the display shows LOADER V..., sometimes the word flashes. Never gets beyond the Loader. HD spins up, spins down, spins up - pretty random behaviour really.

Usually no HDMI output at all, but never any sound or picture onthe TV. Does not respond to remote at all. I have not yet delved any deeper. Seems it might be a power supply fault, but has anyone come across this before/ found a solution please?

100% the power supply mate, this is exactly what happened with the one I passed onto my father. It can be repaired by a expert or yourself if you are proficient in the use of a soldering iron.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an electrolytic capacitor on the power supply board that has failed. It will most likely be a 2200uF capacitor thats gone - you'll see the end of it bulging. Easy to replace and you can pick them up for pence on ebay. Takes about 5 minutes to fix with a soldering iron.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom