• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Fortec Passion+ dead?

Harrym1byt

Established Member
Well not quite dead, turn it on at the front panel and the blue back light around chrome button always comes on. Dim glow in display. With a usb HD connected, sometimes the display shows LOADER V..., sometimes the word flashes. Never gets beyond the Loader. HD spins up, spins down, spins up - pretty random behaviour really.

Usually no HDMI output at all, but never any sound or picture onthe TV. Does not respond to remote at all. I have not yet delved any deeper. Seems it might be a power supply fault, but has anyone come across this before/ found a solution please?

Ghostleader

Prominent Member
100% the power supply mate, this is exactly what happened with the one I passed onto my father. It can be repaired by a expert or yourself if you are proficient in the use of a soldering iron.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt34

Standard Member
It's an electrolytic capacitor on the power supply board that has failed. It will most likely be a 2200uF capacitor thats gone - you'll see the end of it bulging. Easy to replace and you can pick them up for pence on ebay. Takes about 5 minutes to fix with a soldering iron.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom