Formula One

theINSKIP

Established Member
Reaction score
Afternoon,

This is a question for all you americans out there....

Im due to go on holiday to florida in 2 weeks, but whilst im away im going to miss the new Singapore Night Race in the Formula One season.

Im staying at a villa and i really want to know if any of your TV stations broadcast the races ??, and if so, which one(s) ??

Pete

Afternoon,

This is a question for all you americans out there....

Im due to go on holiday to florida in 2 weeks, but whilst im away im going to miss the new Singapore Night Race in the Formula One season.

Im staying at a villa and i really want to know if any of your TV stations broadcast the races ??, and if so, which one(s) ??

Pete

I'm British! but can answer this for you, it's on SpeedTV which I think is on a cable, most places I've stayed in the US have this channel so you should be OK

Brgds

I also think they show it on Fox sport. I have no idea though if its on cable or not.

Excellent stuff........

I hope its on at a decent time over there, im thinking beers and BBQ in the sun.

Woop Woop

Yes, if the idea of night races in Asia is because one eye is being kept on European audiences, I do believe there would be half a day's difference in the US so it would indeed be early hours in Florida...

I'm British! but can answer this for you, it's on SpeedTV which I think is on a cable, most places I've stayed in the US have this channel so you should be OK

Brgds

I also think they show it on Fox sport. I have no idea though if its on cable or not.

Yes that's correct, I've just remembered (a few too many beers in the sun!!) The qualifying was on SpeedTV on Saturday & the main race was on Fox Sport on Sunday.. It was really good coverage, much better than James Allen..

I think Speed show most of the sessions/races live but a handful of the races (I think 4) are on FOX...Canada (and US in previous seasons) live...the rest are shown on tape delay...France, Britain and now Germany with Indy gone.

So as long as you can get access to Speed you should be able to see it live...commentary is by Bob Varsha, David Hobbs and Steve Matchett and their pit-lane reporter is Peter Windsor, ex-F1 Digital+ and also you guy you hear after every race/qualifying asking the questions in the unilateral press conference.

I've only ever seen their coverage in 4:3 even though Speed have an HD channel I don't think they actually take and upscale the 16:9 SD feed from FOM.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom