Formula 1 08?

F

FifaGunnerFan

Hi

I was just woundering if any1 knows if there will be a formula 1 game out this year for xbox 360?:confused::confused::confused:

Thanks
FifaGunnerFan

shagaboopon

Hi

I was just woundering if any1 knows if there will be a formula 1 game out this year for xbox 360?:confused::confused::confused:

Thanks
FifaGunnerFan

Sony had the license for the last F1 game and they are in talks right now about renewing it so unless that falls through we'll not be seeing any F1 games on the 360 for a long time. Even the PS3 version hasn't been in development because of those talks so there is no time to make the game for this season and given the timescale for game production it will probably miss 2009 as well.

Found a link:
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=34508

Idioteque

Hoisted from the ps3 forum

Formula One is to have its first official computer game in more than two years next season following the capture of a new official licencing deal with British gaming company Codemasters, autosport.com can reveal.

With Sony having published the most recent official F1 game last summer, based on the 2006 season and available only on PlayStation consoles, Codemasters' deal will see F1 return to a multiformat platform for the first time in many years.

The game is set to be available on all major home consoles, as well as handheld and PC gaming formats.

After weeks of discussion between Codemasters and Formula One Administration, it is anticipated that the company will produce the first game next year, based on the 2009 F1 season. This will be the first game that Lewis Hamilton will appear in.

Rod Cousens, chief executive officers of Codemasters, said: "Formula One is ambitious in expanding its reach with more circuits planned beyond recent additions in the Middle East and China. It is also ambitious in expanding its reach via technology.

"The digital communities that computer and video gaming creates will play a key role in further growing the F1 audience and connecting them globally.

"As a world-leading creator of driving games, this alliance with F1 is the jewel in Codemasters' racing crown and creates an undisputed segment champion."

Chris Deering, chairman of Codemasters, added: "Codemasters' success and recent innovations in the racing game space makes the company more than appropriately tuned for the challenge.

"The combination of F1's new momentum of expansion and Codemasters' contemporary technology and past experience is the breaking of a new dawn for the sport, on the track and on the HD game screen."

Codemasters Studios has already begun preparations for the major task of creating the new game, by strengthening their team with personnel from the now defunct Sega Racing Studio.

There are 350 people working on the project, which will be based on the EGO Engine that Codemasters has put to good use on the Colin McRae: DIRT and soon-to-be-released Race Driver: GRID titles.

Good news for multi format owners:smashin:

sem1604

Banned
:thumbsup: Roll on 2009, been waiting for sony's contract to end. Get Geoff Crammond on board Codies.

Trist

:thumbsup: Roll on 2009, been waiting for sony's contract to end. Get Geoff Crammond on board Codies.
Couldn't agree with that any more!

Although I'm dead pleased to hear that we'll finally get a new F1 game I'm a little worried having tried GRID last night which I though was terrible. Handling felt god awful to me.

I'm crossing my fingers that Codies go for a simulation with this, I've got a feeling it's going to be in the arcade style that Codies have been steering more and more recently...

yinujim

At last an F1 game.

SibTiger33

oo this is fantastic news

i dont mind codemasters having a crack at this - i think they could do a good job (although colin mcrae didnt feel quite right it did look the business)

i hope they get the balance right with the f1 game - in terms of car setup options
i felt that the last sony f1 game was just really poor in that area (very arcardey)

the last good f1 games were F1 challenge 99-02 and GP4

monkey00

great news, also new rules for F1 next year so they cant start making the car models until jan next year so i expect it to not be released until after the season starts

Hungrystu

Novice Member
Brilliant news as the Sony F1 game was one of the few reasons I was contemplating buying a PS3.

At least it'll be a stunning looking F1 game, I just hope Codies get the handling right (as in fairly realistic).

I've not enjoyed an F1 game since F1 '97 on the PSone (Psygnosis) which, although really good, wasn't a patch on Geoff Crammond's F1GP on the PC

SibTiger33

great news, also new rules for F1 next year so they cant start making the car models until jan next year so i expect it to not be released until after the season starts

very good point - although they could release it early and then just give us all an update when new season starts.

Dr Evilest

I've not enjoyed an F1 game since F1 '97 on the PSone (Psygnosis) which, although really good, wasn't a patch on Geoff Crammond's F1GP on the PC

Same here, in fact I preferred the Psygnosis effort, complete with it's background music from Joe Satriani & Steve Vai.:smashin:

Codemasters have a fairly decent track record with the earlier TOCA games in particular being brilliant to play. I just hope they bring Murray Walker out of retirement for the commentary!

monkey00

Psygnosis first attempt was the best ive ever played, based on the 95 season with Schumacher in the Benetton , and Hakkinen in the Mclaren that game was insane

Mr-Bananas

"Codemasters have a fairly decent track record" ????

Fairly decent ??, what other studio comes close to Codemasters. They have been consistently churning out some of the best racing games for the last 15 years.

Personally, I can't wait to see what they do with the F1 licence. An F1 game using the GRID engine, and maybe 22 players online...........Its going to be fantastic.

monkey00

Fairly decent ??, what other studio comes close to Codemasters. They have been consistently churning out some of the best racing games for the last 15 years.

Personally, I can't wait to see what they do with the F1 licence. An F1 game using the GRID engine, and maybe 22 players online...........Its going to be fantastic.

I didnt think of that, 22 player online! who know we might have 24 on the grid cars by then! only thing with this is, that if any more teams go bust we might only end up with 18 cars in 2009

SibTiger33

Psygnosis first attempt was the best ive ever played, based on the 95 season with Schumacher in the Benetton , and Hakkinen in the Mclaren that game was insane

yes the best console game

but the pc games are hugely superior as you would expect (i wonder if codemasters can create anything as good as the GP or F1 Challenge games)

downloadable updates for the f1 game would be great - i.e rule changes could be implemented without the need to buy a new game - driver changes - livery changes... (could be good)

Hungrystu

Novice Member
Slightly off topic, but I see Grand Prix 4 on the PC still has a lot of support, along with mods for recent cars / drivers / tracks. Think I'll have a dabble later tonight as I've never played that game.

And Psygnosis used Satch and Vai in the soundtrack?! I missed that :eek:

Dr Evilest

Just played the awesome GRID demo. I stand corrected.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom