Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

formatting question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mrcoons, Mar 7, 2003.

1. mrcoons

mrcoons

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've search this forum but do not see an answer to my question so I'll post it:

I've had my DVD burner (an external Pioneer drive sold by Cyclone)3 days now. Only one of the 2 disks that came with it was recognized, the DVD-R disk. I bought a couple of blank DVD-RW's (Imation brand) to experiment with. The first time I used MyDVD to copy a DV movie I used the DVD-R that came with the drive and everything worked fine. Now I am trying to use the DVD-RW's and MyDVD says that they are an incorrect format. Do DVD-RW's need to be formated (like a CD-RW does) or does MyDVD not support DVD-RW or am I doing something else wrong?

2. Grimley

Grimley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think this question is better off being in the DVD players & recorders or computing
    forum. Mods please move.;)