1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Format settings Domino 20H

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by superritschi, Jan 9, 2005.

1. superritschi

superritschi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,
    in the menu "image" from my domino I have a question to the aspect settings.
    When you go into one of the 8 possible aspect, you can chance between Screen on and off.
    What does this means ??
    What aspect do you use for DVD-watching. Anamorphic or you make your one ?
    Please help...

Yours
    Richard

2. AD Roser

AD Roser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    The 20H has two 12 volt triggers, one comes on with the the projector, the second is dependant on the 12v setting in the aspect ratio menu. You can use this for screen masking systems.

The choice in the aspect ratio is as follows:

Normal = to view 4:3 material within the 16:9 panel giving you blackbars left & right.
    Anamorphic = use this for 16:9 material from DVD & SAT TV - always ensure your signal source is set to 16:9.

Letterbox: is for non-anamorphic widescreen material such as Laserdisc and widescreen videotapes.

Panoramic = Use this to display 4:3 material across the entire 16:9 panel. Keeps the centre of the screen geometrically correct but mrginally stretches the left and right borders, also zooms the image in a little.

Pixel to Pixel = Use this when you feed the projector its native resolution via a HTPC or 1024 x 576 from as DVD player. Most dvd players that output 576p via HDMI send out 720x576 so the image will appear small if you use this mode, in this instance you use Anamorphic.

3 x User = these allow you to customise your own aspect ratio.

Regards

Alan Roser
    SIM2 UK Ltd

3. superritschi

superritschi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Alan,
    thank you very much for your answer.
    The first sentence give me the perfect answer for "screen on/off, what that means".
    Now, for watching DVD with my Denon 3910 I will use the anamorphic aspect.

Yours

Richard