• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

Fork In Peaches!

Butch499

Say it fast... :):):)

Camera: Nikon D90
Exposure: 0.003 sec (1/320)
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 80 mm
ISO Speed: 250
Exposure Bias: -2/3 EV

Best regards!

Last edited:

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
I think its "The Pits" myself..... peach pits that is :D

I especially like the way all the forks are in different orientations.

Jim

Butch499

I especially like the way all the forks are in different orientations.

Jim

:) The weight of each of the peaches was threatening to break these particular plastic forks, so it's more by luck than design!

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
:) The weight of each of the peaches was threatening to break these particular plastic forks, so it's more by luck than design!

Hey - whatever works :D

Jim

shotokan101

Distinguished Member

mark800

Distinguished Member
This is a striking shot, which you remember for quite some time afterwards, so well done. It's a very creative idea and the picture works well.

The only questions in my mind are the background and depth of field. While the background introduces some nice colour (looks a bit like a Christmas tree), it is a little distracting. Also, you've used quite a narrow depth of field, which then focuses your eye on one of the peaches but, as a viewer, I don't know what's so special about that particular peach if you know what I mean.

Butch499

Hi Mark, thanks for the feedback. The tree in the background was chosen for the colouring, it's early autumn shades and the individual leaves are reflecting afternoon sunlight, which gives the interesting (I hope) texture. The fruit however was placed in light shade, so I used a white board to the left to reflect skylight light back to the fruit. I used a shallow depth of field to emphasise the length of the line of the six pots and also defocus the background. I made sure the focal point was on the centre of the row, hopefully leading the viewer's eye there.

Anyway it was a few minutes fun creating the photo, and now I have to wait four weeks to see what else comes out of others' imagination during that time!

BR,

mark800

Distinguished Member
Hi Mark, thanks for the feedback. The tree in the background was chosen for the colouring, it's early autumn shades and the individual leaves are reflecting afternoon sunlight, which gives the interesting (I hope) texture. The fruit however was placed in light shade, so I used a white board to the left to reflect skylight light back to the fruit. I used a shallow depth of field to emphasise the length of the line of the six pots and also defocus the background. I made sure the focal point was on the centre of the row, hopefully leading the viewer's eye there.

Anyway it was a few minutes fun creating the photo, and now I have to wait four weeks to see what else comes out of others' imagination during that time!

BR,

Don't get me wrong. I really like it. :thumbsup:

iandrews

Very nice. Like the colours of the peaches against the white forks and plant pots. I think you have the DOF just right with the front one just OOF and the end ones getting more OOF. I can see why you chose the background as the colours compliment, but the fact that it's broken up distracts me a bit.

Ian.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom