• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Forgotten Pier

oneeye

Established Member
"The Birnbeck Pier" ( 1867 ) @ Weston_Super_Mare, Sunday 5.15.
A beautiful Pier sadly now derelict.

f/16, 1/4s, iso200, 45mm.

DSC_0003copy.jpg

shotokan101

Banned
Lovely shot and nice composition but doesn't say "low light" to me though Jimbo....

Jim

oneeye

Established Member
Not sure what the light is like in scotland at the moment, But in Somerset the light @ 17.14 is very low!

shotokan101

Banned
Not sure what the light is like in scotland at the moment, But in Somerset the light @ 17.14 is very low!

Pretty much the same Jimbo - it was the overall apperance of the shot I was referring to :)

Jim

oneeye

Established Member
I know what you meant Jim, But thats my interpretation on the theme.. "Low Light"@ 17.15.

oneeye

Established Member
good shot but low light?[/QUOTE]
Yes!!! it was taken in "low light", What seems to be the problem?, I chose to shoot in "low light"
with an exposure that gave me the result i was after IE:cloud definition.
There are only two times in a day to shoot this type of shot..sun up and sun down, both I would conceder to be "Low light" shots!!
We as always reserve the right to interpret the theme how we see fit!!.
Some like to rule with an iron fist, I prefer a bit of artistic license!(Far more interesting).

volvomanV70

Established Member
Difficult to get a low light of this particularly as it's not
illuminated, i would have been tempted to set off a couple of flares over the pier;), or set off a 60 shot firework on the beech at night to see what that would produce,

probably a visit from plod:D

Great shot as a silhouette.

Volly

electrolyte

Prominent Member
This is something I have struggled with all month until this evening. Taking a shot in "low light" that still looks like it was taken in "low light". This is a nice photo that was plainly taken in low light because of the time you took it at but the light doesn't look low. Sorry.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom