• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Forgive me, but I haven't a clue...

altyfc

Standard Member
Sorry... but really, I haven't!

Have a holiday let with a Panasonic Viera Plasma TV (TX-P42G10B) with bracket, a Bose Home Entertainment System (321GSMK-3) and a Denon iPod docking station (ASD11R-BLK).

Here's a picture of the set-up which was professionally installed (not by me!)

21livingarea2a.jpg

Last guests to leave told me they couldn't get the Bose to work so this evening I went in to take a look. It turns out that three cables in the back of the Bose had all come out, so no surprise it wasn't working.

I have pushed them in to what I think are the right places but can't get it to work myself.

I can get sound on the TV through the TV speakers.
I can get sound from an iPhone on the docking station via the Bose speakers.

But I can't seem to get the TV sound through the Bose speakers.

As far as I can tell, this relates to the cable marked 'optical'. I think I have that in the right place and I think I have it pushed in properly but, beyond that, I'm struggling...

Can anyone help... :lease: ?

Thank you.

altyfc

Standard Member
I'm going back to have another look this morning so if someone could come back to me with any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom