1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forest Gump/The Goonies/Gremlins 2 /Willow

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Mark P, Jan 29, 2001.

1. Mark P

Mark P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any body heard any release dates or rumours when we can expect to see the following films released on dvd,
    *Forest Gump
    *The Goonies
    *Gremlins 2
    *Willow
    I would like all 4 titles, but its always the case, the titles you want are nowhere to be seen.

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Mark,

I don't think any of those 4 titles have ever been released to DVD. "Willow" is kinda cool, and is a movie I own on video, so maybe I should re-watch it sometime soon. "Gremlins 2" is also very good, and is a title that I too would like to own.

On a similar note, "Willow" was the very first movie that I got the Original Cinema Poster for, from an old local cinema, when I was just 7 years old! It was the poster that started me off collecting film posters, in general, as well as being a stunning piece of artwork! I still have it as well!

Them were the days, when movie posters were really worth collecting. Nowadays, however, very few posters are actually that great to look at - artistically speaking, that is. Maybe this should be a new thread: name some of the best and worst movie posters. I'll start off....

Some of my faves:
    1) Three Colours Blue & Red & White
    2) Betty Blue - I actually own the original French poster of this, which uses an image of a poutingly Beatrice Dalle, sitting on a chair, and looking gorgeous!!!
    3) Willow
    4) The original 3 Star Wars posters (not the newer Special Edition ones)
    5) Chicken Run Promo poster - the one with just sets of Chickens eyes, in a darkened cinema auditorium.
    6) Akira / Ghost In The Shell - way-cool posters advertising two of the best Anime films ever made

Some of the worst:
    1) Most modern posters - totally uninteresting to look at

Posters I wish I owned:
    1) Aliens
    2) Japanese versions of Akira, Ghost In The Shell, Perfect Blue and Princess Mononoke
    3) The Abyss
    4) Terminator 2: Judgement Day
    5) Posters depicting banned and/or dubious horror movies, with their original "X" or "R" ratings on them.

Anyone else care to make any nominations?

Pooch

3. Black 5

Black 5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Information I've seen on the thedigitalbits.com site mentions that Forrest Gump is due out around Christmas on R1

4. MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10

Willow is made by Lucasfilm i.e George Lucas mmmmm so no DVD till 2050 then !!!

------------------

Steve

------------------

No Money, No Parts, No Deal