Forest fire and water-bomber

gibbsy

forestfire004.jpg

I took this from my garden this afternoon of the fire on the western side of the valley where I live. As a retired firefighter all I can say is that the modern firefighter is having it easy. We had to climb that mountain with a beater.

gibbsy

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BREAKING NEWS: The fire has had another flare up. The chopper is back.

nikonuser11

Distinguished Member
How far away from it are you? Pretty close I would imagine- great captures but be careful

shotokan101

Banned

I took this from my garden this afternoon of the fire on the western side of the valley where I live. As a retired firefighter all I can say is that the modern firefighter is having it easy. We had to climb that mountain with a beater.

"Luxury!" :rotfl:

....great shots :smashin:

Jim

gibbsy

How far away from it are you? Pretty close I would imagine- great captures but be careful

About half a mile away. Taken with my Nikon d300 and Nikkor 80-400VR lens.

gibbsy

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It's getting close to the houses know, thankfully they are upwind. The fire started at about 12.30 and is still burning at 17.30. The chopper has made at least 50 passes at the fire.

shotokan101

Banned
That last shot with the houses really put it into context - I too reckon you should be able to make some cash out of these shots :cool:

Jim

Last edited:

nikonuser11

Distinguished Member
theres a housing estate up a mountain:eek:

bleedin' Barratt get everywhere:p

thanks for the last pic, really puts it into a context I didnt imagine:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom