Forecast Channel Now Active!

cheesyslug

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening all,

Just turned off my wii after a mammoth zelda session, and about 10 minutes later, the disc slot blue led started pulsing. I switched it back on and performed update from forecast channel and sure enough there it is! :thumbsup:

Seems quite easy to use, set the closest location to you and thats really all you have to do. Some temperature info missing here and there but a useful little tool - check it out and let us know your thoughts.

UV Index, Current conditions, Today and tomorrow's forecast, and a 5 day forecast too.
The globe function is also definately worth a look, zoom right out into space, and back down to check weather in loads of key locations.
28'C and sunny in Honolulu - sounds perfect as it is -4'C here!

It seems some parental control stuff was implemented in the update too.

Now Wii System version 2.0E

No news channel as yet...

EDIT: you should also have a message from nintendo on the message board inviting you to update.

Will be interesting to see how often it is updated.

The data is still from 1800 last night as I type.

Very cool function tho I think it *may* be slightly warmer that 0 degrees at the mo...

Now Wii System version 2.0E
It's been that version since I got the Wii, plugged it in, connected it to the internet and performed the system update on December 8.

Seems quite easy to use, set the closest location to you and thats really all you have to do.

Closest location? Hmmm, Nintendo doesn't believe anyone lives in the South West!

Seriously though, great idea but useless as a tool, down here all the towns listed are on the coast, and they get completely different weather to us 50+ miles inland.

Great feature, needs a few more towns added to give a broader view of the weather but a fantastic feature.

Being able to fly anywhere on the globe in seconds is fantastic and I can see me using this a lot :smashin:

Evening all,

Just turned off my wii after a mammoth zelda session, and about 10 minutes later, the disc slot blue led started pulsing. I switched it back on and performed update from forecast channel and sure enough there it is! :thumbsup:.
So that's what it is....woke up to see it pulsating, it freaked me out.:rotfl:

It's a fine addition. It's easy on the eye and nicely presented.
I like it :cool:

Mines got stuck halfway through the update! Please dont say nintendo's killed my machine!

Closest location? Hmmm, Nintendo doesn't believe anyone lives in the South West!

no cheltenham :(

Not all bad then is it.

Yorkshire weather at the mo foggy, freezing, wet - mans weather - not your soft southern, morris dancing, shandy sipping, flip flop wearing stuff.

Look out of your windows for the weather :)

No Hereford either, I had to choose Worcester and thats like making a kopite choose goodison for his weather news!!!!

Mines got stuck halfway through the update! Please dont say nintendo's killed my machine!

Mine too....

I turned it off and back on, then had to re-sync my wii-motes, it updated fine the next time and the forecast channel even has my local town :thumbsup:

Loved the blue light, wish it appeared with every message though :(

Pleased to say my update went smoothly. Actually this channel is better than I thought it would be and actually useful! The zoom out (AKA Google Earth) feature is fun too.

Jonathan

Do you really need a weather forecast in Hereford? Isn't it always raining?!? :)

Does it forecast that it will be wii-ing down with rain:rotfl:

Sorry - couldn't resist another wii related joke

Mine too....

I turned it off and back on, then had to re-sync my wii-motes, it updated fine the next time and the forecast channel even has my local town :thumbsup:

Loved the blue light, wish it appeared with every message though :(

I think the blue light appears every time you get a message while the console is "off".

Can't wait to get home at try this.

Yorkshire weather at the mo foggy, freezing, wet - mans weather - not your soft southern, morris dancing, shandy sipping, flip flop wearing stuff.

LOL :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Love it, you forgot vest wearing though Chris. ;)

Aye came downstairs about 7am this morning and my Wii was glowing blue at me so I had a butchers and found this channel.

It's fantastic! Really clear, easy to use and good information! Hopefully the News one will be up soon too! :)

pah, don't want to associate myself with that place :D

Why do you think i moved ? :eek: :rotfl: :rolleyes: Just kidding, it was a lovely place ( once ) :devil:

I've got to take my weather reports from Southampton :(

Great feature easy to see and use and update only took 30secs

Great fun seeing how fast you can spin the globe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom