Fordingbridge Cinema ... 4 x M&K X 12's - 30 Seats

LittleNipper

All,

I live just outside fordingbridge hampshire. I popped into our local independent art deco cinema to have a peak. They were open and had one member of staff who was very polite and offered a little private screening.

She sat me down in the middle of 30 chairs and toddled off....

She put the start of 'The Greatest Showman' on. Oh boy, what a sound... Absolutely blasts anything away i've heard. I asked if they were using any transducers ? Because of the slam. Oh, no... Come down here and have a look....

Two left, Two Right - M&K X 12's. Stunning sound. Not sure of the surround set up but things were coming from all directions.

They also have a bar, you can take your drinks in.... I think she said £120k on Sound.

£9.70 non members....

LittleNipper

BriD, when I go, I'll see if i can find out. I've joined and look forward to a movie.

BriD

Here we go:

Bringing the Movies to Town

Sound equipment

Sound processing is via a Marantz SR7011 9.2 channel 4K Ultra HD AV receiver with built-in Dolby Atmos. There are six Steinway A2 digital amplifiers each offering four channels at 400Watts.
Speakers are from Danish company M&K Sound, all approved to THX requirements. Eleven iW300 amps [I ASSUME THEY MEAN SPEAKERS!!!] (four in the ceiling for Atmos), are each capable of handling 300W. Four M&K X12 subwoofers are used, each with two 12in drivers mounted in opposite phase in a push-pull arrangement.

magicvinny

Here we go:

Bringing the Movies to Town

Sound equipment

Sound processing is via a Marantz SR7011 9.2 channel 4K Ultra HD AV receiver with built-in Dolby Atmos. There are six Steinway A2 digital amplifiers each offering four channels at 400Watts.
Speakers are from Danish company M&K Sound, all approved to THX requirements. Eleven iW300 amps [I ASSUME THEY MEAN SPEAKERS!!!] (four in the ceiling for Atmos), are each capable of handling 300W. Four M&K X12 subwoofers are used, each with two 12in drivers mounted in opposite phase in a push-pull arrangement.

Not sure about the Steinway A2 amplifiers. Normally you cannot get these seperately, it's a closed system. Maybe they are talking about the Lyngdorf SDA 2400.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom