• No

Votes: 21 47.7%
  • Not sure

Votes: 11 25.0%

• Total voters

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
... just interested in a snapshot of peoples opinions.

if someone said Ghia would you think Luxury or Sport.

and the same for Titanium ....

Ghia = Luxury
Titanium = Look it up and work it out from the specification :devil:

NB I'm in the over 20 group :)

Ghia = pipe rack included /comfy
Titanium = loud stereo /better looking

Ghia = Classy
Titanium = Boy racer

Nope ghia = awful seats, crap alloys and terrible wooden trim.
Titanium = All the kit you pay about 8k for on a bmw. Great stereo, heated mirrors, heated half leather (with the x) heated front screen, adaptive xenons, 18" rims, bluetooth etc

very odd poll by the way.

Sporty Fords now go by the monica ST, although I thought they were things that ladies of a certain age bought.

Bring back the days of the XRs, unashamed crap. I hade two.:rolleyes:

Zetec is sporty, Ghia is like a lower spec Titanium, and Titanium is top end with lots and lots of toy's.

Titanium definitely isn't sporty, neither I nor the wife would have gone for titanium if it looked overtly sporty (like an ST)

gibbsy said:
Sporty Fords now go by the monica ST, although I thought they were things that ladies of a certain age bought.

Bring back the days of the XRs, unashamed crap. I hade two.:rolleyes:

Check out the RS Focus.

Ghia = Luxury
Titanium = Wish I could have had a VW/Audi/BMW Company Car.

Ghia = Luxury
Titanium = Wish I could have had a VW/Audi/BMW Company Car.

Bit harsh :laugh:

Just out of interest what is the price difference between a Titanium Mondeo and similarly spec'd A4, Passat or 5 series?

Oh and Ghia is definitely grandad spec :D

Bit harsh :laugh:

Just out of interest what is the price difference between a Titanium Mondeo and similarly spec'd A4, Passat or 5 series?

Oh and Ghia is definitely grandad spec :D

Mondeo is comparable to the 3 Series more than the 5 series in fairness. And Mondeo lacks a "premium" diesel - biggest is a 2.2 TDCi which is not even close to the 3.0 options in the others.

However, price comparisons? Eye-watering at RRP.

And Ghia was grandad spec; it is no more!

You could compare list prices, in which case there would be little difference in price between a Mondeo and a Passat.
Maybe £5k difference between Mondeo and A4.
Maybe £8k difference between Mondeo and 5-series (although 3-series is probably more like).
But you'll get a huge discount on a Mondeo, far more so than the others.

Check out the RS Focus.

If I'm old enough to have had an XR3i I'm too old for the hard core drive of a Focus RS. If I did want to get my spine jumbled into a million pieces then I'm afraid it would have to the VW Scirocco R and not my more gentler Scirocco GT.

Saying that my wife had a Fiesta XR2i, which she adored. Put in px for a brand new Vauxhall Astra GSi, which was by a huge margin the worse car I've ever owned. At least the Fords got me home. Never bought a Vauxhall after that.

This is still Ford right? Not sure Luxury is a word I would use on any Ford model.

Haha, quite true on most trim levels, but if you look at say, Titanium X Mondeo et al, they're quite nice (in my opinion).

I have a MKII Focus Titanium, which Ford loaded to the hilt with options as a showroom model. The first thing most people say when they get in is "hang on, is this a Focus?"

Exception to the rule and all that I suppose, but even a term like "Luxury" has been thrown around too much in the motoring world to be as meaningful as it once was.

Whether the word luxury is used or not Ford certainly cater for a definite sector of the market. Great value for money and they sure know how to build a car that drives well :smashin:

A Mondeo probably sits right between the 3 and 5 series because they're definitely bigger than a 3 series. I'm not sure there'd be too many people deciding between a BMW and a Ford though :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom