Question Ford Focus mk2 2007 - upgrading front door speakers/tweeter size

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by PhillyG, Jul 11, 2015.

1. PhillyG

PhillyG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, sorry if this has been asked many times before, but I've struggled to find definitive answers. Basically I would like to change the front speakers, but unsure what size tweeters will fit. Had seen on web a Norwegian guy posted up detailed pics of his install and said he used infinity speakers as the tweeters fitted well in place of standard ones, but according to their site it says you need a cut out diameter of 50mm which seems far too big. But are these diameters with the flush mounting cups? And if so, would that mean that just using the tweeter and hot gluing, would mean that quite a few tweeters would fit? I'm thinking of Polk audio db6501 - the bass response seems one of the lowest. Was thinking infinity kappas but their rate at two ohms and for now I don't plan on fitting an amp. But focal seem to get a lot of praise but prices seem to vary from reasonable to a bit high and looking at the frequency response specs, it seems the mid range to lower range ones seem to have better bass. I don't really want to spend more than £180 but will go to £200 if it means a better sound and easy fit. I plan to buy auto leads speaker adapters and maybe use a bit of mdf to bring speakers closer to grill if need be, and also put a bit of sound deadening (but thinking of using wadding rather than the dynamat as its lighter and can slow down sound waves bouncing back). Any help will be greatly appreciated, or if people can send links to previous threads that'll be great thanks