ford focus front and rear speaker replacements?

se1boy

Standard Member
Reaction score
i am lookin to replace the speakers in my ford focus (04 plate) car, i want speakers that will just replace the old ones without having to modify the door, as they are rubbish and wen i have my moosic loud they just crackle n i cant have it loud but of course i want decent speakers for my car
help much appreciated

What size are they? Have you measured them?

Probs need one of these

Looks like they're 13cm. I'd grab a pair of 2 ways. Actually if it were me I'd grab some 2 part components and stick the tweeter in an appropriate place, but that's probably not for you.

Alpine are nice...components here

For a simple solution:

JBL (cheap)

Alpine cheap

Alpine less cheap

Halfords is always a nice place to go and listen to some and see what you think :)

how wud i connect them?? can i just plug them into existing wires???
well price dont really matter too much but i want somethink decent tho, well somethink that dont crackle lol
want speakers for front and back

Those adaptors are for front and rear so both are 13cm.

I assume you could cut and shut existing wires, grab some blades and spades and solder them on to the existing ones.

Either that or buy an adaptor but I really see no point.

I'd grab a couple of those Alpine 2 ways. Nice sound at a fairly reasonable pricepoint and not much work. They won't crackle unless you do something stupid like crank them to full volume on the first play.

And no problems, by the way ;)

well ive never done anythink like cutwires n solder before lol

so the alpine wud fit straight into where the current speakers fit without no problem? just want to make sure before i buy anythink lol
did u mean the first alpine pair u mentioned at the top or the cheap ones
thanks for ur replies so far :D:D

well my radio goes to bout 60 and i dont have it on nomore than 46 and they crackle sometimes if its bassy like, or anythink like that which is really annoying

Try it, it's easy.

With the adaptor I would think so yes, although you will have to check mounting depth as some speakers need more than car manufacturers provide.

I'd get the more expensive Alpine's, but I'm fairly fussy and any of those will be a step up I would imagine.

They shouldn't crackle, but remember they are only 13cm speakers, not subs.

well tbh i wud prob buy the adaptors cos much easier for me lol,
yeah obv they aint gunna be able to be bassy very bassy but uno i want decent sound so hopefully some speakers will give me some lol
so the alpines withthe tweets, is that package a front and rear speaker or two front speakers

Hi, I have a Ford Focus 04 reg too, and upgraded my speakers all round. The speaker size in the focus are 6x8's or 5x7 which they are known by, they are a rare size, but Alpine and Infintiy do a them in that size. You would have to buy the adaptor to connect them up or just cut and shut the wire.

Car Audio Direct - Infinity Reference 6822cf - Speakers

Hope this helps

Cheers :thumbsup:

Ah that would make sense. The adaptor plates should change the size speakers plates in the Ford to normal 13cm, but those will most likely be much easier :p

Infinity are pretty decent speakers too

Hi, I have a Ford Focus 04 reg too, and upgraded my speakers all round. The speaker size in the focus are 6x8's or 5x7 which they are known by, they are a rare size, but Alpine and Infintiy do a them in that size. You would have to buy the adaptor to connect them up or just cut and shut the wire.

Car Audio Direct - Infinity Reference 6822cf - Speakers

Hope this helps

Cheers :thumbsup:

thanks for ur reply mate obv it helps as u have the same car as me lol
wat speakers u got in ur car? so if i bought these speakers its a straight swap, take old ones out, put new ones in put the adaptor in n im sorted??? i think thats right but tell me if im wrong lol

I don't think you'll need an adaptor with those mate...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom