Ford Fiesta Sound System

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by mysticsniper, Apr 24, 2007.

1. mysticsniper

mysticsniper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I am about to pickup a Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi Zetec 53 Plate. But the sound system is the car is a bog standard CD/Radio. But as you can see from the picture that is comes in 3 parts. I want to remove these and just put a 1 or 2 DIN MP3 CD/DVD system instead. I have been given a couple of quotes, I have had a price of £117 all in from Car Electronic's. Ford said it would be £100 + Labour. This will include taking out the music system, and putting in a double fascia. Does this price sound about the standard, or is it a bit steep?

Or is there an easier way around this? I love my music and I want an MP3 player installed.

TIA :)

[​IMG]

2. @llan

@llan
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    You need a "Sat Nav" facia, should be about £70 from Ford. This is a complete new facia section, you can then fit your 1 or 2 din of choice.

Make sure you keep your old bits so that you can convert back, your existing head unit is actually one piece.

I've attached a pic, only small I'm afraid.

Allan

[​IMG]

3. mysticsniper

mysticsniper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Cheers for that. I didn't realise that it was one unit. Did you pay for it to be sorted, or did you remove it yourself? Does the dash have to be removed as well?

4. @llan

@llan
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It's actually my son’s car, he fitted it himself and was pretty easy. The surround is the only piece which needs to be removed. You will also need to buy the pocket, which sits above the head unit.

Well worth upgrade, amps under the front seats and Infinity Kapa's in the doors. Tweeters were sunk into the trim by the mirror, Sub is in the boot, it sounds superb.

[​IMG]

5. mysticsniper

mysticsniper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    #

Sounds well smart. How much did the pocket cost. Did your son get it all from Ford?

What sounds system does he have in the car. If you can list everything he has and the price. I am not upto date with the ICE systems. I have around £400 to spend, but that includes the Facsia.

I have seen an Alpine CDA-9812RB for under £200, but its more on looks and that it has an MP3 player, but not sure what speakers would go with it, and I know nothing about an Amps either.

Sorry for being a n00b :smashin:

6. @llan

@llan
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    No problem, I'll ask him to give me a list.

7. mysticsniper

mysticsniper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4

8. supermotorider

supermotorider
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Doesnt really matter if you use different components for your set-up but it is recommended as some manufacturers have slightly different ways of doing things, i.e. like buying a ford and trying to fit an alfa romeo dash, itll go with some modification but itll annoy you (overkill i know but just explaining) is it more big bass your loking for or just really good sound quality your after ? as the answer to this can impose 2 completely different routes to go down.
    For sound quality you want to go for tweeters like the above car, 6x9's are a waste of time as they are ever set-up correctly and have loads of dead spots in the cones, tweeters are small and very useful for any sound system.
    As for amps this too depends on what your going for, if you want big bass you need an amp thats going to be able to give you the power to power out all those really deep bass notes, and some of the higher too, as a sh*te amp will do only one, and usually not very well.
    If its overall sound quality your after then you want an all over amp, one that will cover a lot of areas rather than focusing on one.
    Im sure theres a ton of people on here that can help you with this though.
    Also go for named brands, no konwaad stuff ;)

9. mysticsniper

mysticsniper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I am looking for Sound quality, rather than thumping Bass. So basiclly I would like some one to spec me up really. Like I said before I have £400 to spend, but that will have to include the Fasica.

Tia :)

**Update:

I have seen this on Car Audio Direct. This is the fascia I need to swap out my normal cd system isn't it?
    [​IMG]

10. @llan

@llan
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I’m guessing that adaptor requires you to cut the surround. If you look at your original surround you will see the Black bars between the apparent sections of the head unit, are part of the surround. We chose to replace the complete surround, it even comes complete with new controls for the heating e.t.c. This way you can put your old unit back in when you sell.

Spec of my Son’s car.

Sat Nav surround £70
    Pocket £10
    Pioneer DEH- P77MP £220
    Audio Systems Twister F2> 130 amp x2, £300
    Infinity Kappa 50.5 CS 2 way component £150
    Audio Systems Sub £150
    Cabling/fuses £50
    Dynamat for inside front doors.

All prices are approximate as this was fitted some time ago, you may be able to source these cheaper now.

If you’re going to pay someone, then I guess you’re probably looking at about a day’s work.

Allan

11. mysticsniper

mysticsniper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for that will hae a look around the net, and see whats available, as well as checking some one out, who can fit it all and do a good job :)